Jobs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Kirstie said:
I absolutely hated my Phd after 3 years of it - the only thing that got me to finish was the prospect of no income when my grant ran out. That just about sorted it!! Didn't look at it for 2 years after though...

Yeah, I reckon I have a few monthsworth of savings to cover writing up. Although that's to cover maybe a year of barely doing anything...

But of course, I want something to fall back on while I find a job so I can't run right down to empty... Although my 12 years retail experience should help when I have to fall back on the tills at Sainsburys...

Talking to a friend on Sunday, and he reckons there's a sort of general lethargy bug going about. An awful lot of people seem to be just scraping along. Maybe it's the weather/world unrest/pestilence getting us down...

gbyers

Arch said:
Talking to a friend on Sunday, and he reckons there's a sort of general lethargy bug going about. An awful lot of people seem to be just scraping along. Maybe it's the weather/world unrest/pestilence getting us down...

NO mystery, SAD - seasonally affected disorder. Unusual in August but then so is this bl**dy awful weather! ;):sad:

Arch said:
An awful lot of people seem to be just scraping along. Maybe it's the weather/world unrest/pestilence getting us down...

Yeah, I'm struggling with things, too. Lethargy, apathy, lack of direction etc. I enjoy my job, but I didn't spend four years at uni to cut grass! And I didn't think I'd stay in Sweden after breaking up with my ex (after 10 years) three years ago.
But what's the alternative?
Bread on table and some cash in the bank is one thing, but I think I missed my calling somewhere.
I think I can hear the open road calling (again), and I REALLY MUST listen to that voice! ;)

TimO

Guru
Spacecraft Operations Engineer, which means I design build and then operate Magnetometers on various spacecraft.

At the moment I'm checking out some data processing code to make sure that the bug that I spent about a week characterising and documenting has been removed. I think it has... and another one has been introduced, which I'm now characterising and documenting...

Since it takes a couple of minutes each time to process the data I'm wandering over to a forum, reading a few posts, writing the odd reply.

got-to-get-fit

rikki said:
Got to get on with your job

Hello Got-to-get-fit

When you are the last post on 6 of the last 7 threads in the cafe (and you are), then you are doing even less work than me.

Unless you are not at work. Then it's me that should get on with the job.

Rumbled.........im working a night shift and like bjork said ..."its oh so quiet"

Big Bren

SAD - seasonally affected disorder

Almost - it's seasonal affective disorder, although some horrid cynics might suggest that your version is a more accurate description.

I'm the Regional Director for a national charidee btw and in so much as it's possible to do so when you're not a pirate or a ninja, I enjoy my work.

Bren

Top Bottom