Jobs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
do they take all comers?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I'm a paper boy/student. Still at school ;)
Just this last year to go, then i've got to go to 6th form and what ever education i do after that.

gbb

Legendary Member
To use a quote from earlier this week...
Six munfs ago, i cudnt even spell injuneer, now i are wun :biggrin:

So, engineer it is for me, looking after packing lines and machinery.
Our workshop has full internet access, and the company is very accepting its staff use it during breaks....brilliant ;)

I ask myself how i got into it (an engineer)???? Previously a buyer in engineering i found myself facing redundancy. Most big companies only have one buyer, so a job wasnt going to fall at my feet.
I've done no apprenticeship, had no formal training, just happened to be in the right place at the right time.
Local company looking for someone to replace a retiring engineer...'fancy giving it a go' they said.......as i was being made redundant, errrr, yeah, alright then, and i absolutely love it.
6 years later, i'm earning more than i could have ever thought possible with no qualifications. Its a very hard thing to do, learn a completely new set of skills at 40 plus, even scarier when a whole factories waiting for you to solve the problem, but the knowledge and confidence grows with time.
Now i get to travel to Cyprus, go to Uruguay next week, and Egypt later in the year....good and bad really.

Anythings possible, complete career changes, if you're determined enough...

twentysix by twentyfive said:
Bukakkeneer being new to me I Googled and got one hit (there's a name for that isn't there?):
QUOTE]

Yes it's called a googlewhack. It's only right and proper to email the owner of the site and tell them that they are one. Watch or read Dave Gorman's Googlewhack adventure for more info!

Technically, however, a googlewhack is when you put two search terms in and only one website comes up. If you put one search term in, which I'm assuming you have, that's extremely rare. It would be rude not to tell the site owner...

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Food Technologist of some 23 summers...
Bit like gbb, taken me to many parts of the world, never a dull day, very topical and very multifaceted, on the whole despite 2 redundancies (It's a pretty fluid low margin industry) it's been a good career choice. I'm still passionate about my work....everybody's got to eat!

i repair deposible lighters for a living...the smoking ban has been a real kick in the boll**ks my figures are down 30% for this quarter!

I work for a teeth whitening company - combination of talent and my idleness I guess... (I'm supposed to say "the regularity of predictable income vs loadsa money - then nothing...)
Totally unlimited access to tinternet although I don't abuse it by letting work get in the way.;)

Top Bottom