Jobs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
barq said:
I used to manage a shop and then worked as a nightclub DJ - so no real messing around on forum opportunities there. Now I do three things: associate lecturer, finishing PhD (nearly done - I'm sure Arch understands ;)), and I run a small internet business (mostly through ebay). The last two would be far more efficient if there were no internet forums! :biggrin:

Did you go through that stage where you just didn't care anymore? If so how long did it last? Mine's at about a year and counting...:biggrin:

Now, now, stephec, Patrick's not THAT old really, and younger than one of my ex's...

bonj2

Peyote said:
Same as User, except if I told you I wouldn't have to kill you, just silence you permanently.

I happen to know from a previous thread that User's an interviewer for disabled people's orange badges. But people high up have taken note of his outstanding performance in his recent war that he waged on SS, and have offered him the position of Battle-Leader-In-Chief. Which is why it's secret, because otherwise someone might tip off whoever him and his armies are being sent to attack.

Noodley

Mr Phoebus;39310][quote name= said:
Mr Phoebus;39298 said:
Noodley'' said:
I am a pirate.
Software or Saltwater?

Oh, just a normal buccaneer. sailing the 7 seas and all that stuff.
You jammy git! ;)[/QUOTE]

It's not all it's cracked up to be. Lots of washing decks and fixing sails and stuff - quite a bit of travel though, which is nice.
And the uniform looks great. :biggrin: My hat is well cocked.

Mr Phoebus

Noodley said:
It's not all it's cracked up to be. Lots of washing decks and fixing sails and stuff - quite a bit of travel though, which is nice.
And the uniform looks great. ;) My hat is well cocked.

It must be really fun? All that salty spume spraying everywhere!

Noodley

Mr Phoebus;39330][QUOTE=Noodley said:

It must be really fun? All that salty spume spraying everywhere![/QUOTE]

I can just about live with the salty spume but it can sometimes be a real pain in the arse.

Mr Phoebus

Noodley;39366][QUOTE=Mr Phoebus;39330][QUOTE=Noodley said:

I can just about live with the salty spume but it can sometimes be a real pain in the arse.[/QUOTE]
:biggrin:
Don't be a Buccaneer, be a Bukkakeneer instead.

Noodley

Being perfectly honest with you, I'm thinking of a career change. Something to do with animals would be good.

barq

Arch said:
Did you go through that stage where you just didn't care anymore? If so how long did it last? Mine's at about a year and counting...;)

Yeah, I know what you mean. I actually took a year off (although that was partly for financial reasons). I did come back with more enthusiasm, although it does still ebb away at times. I find that conferences can be good for the moral - they certain help me to focus my attention! That said, it's a fine balance between doing all the stuff that seems exciting and getting on with the daily business of writing and re-writing. Speaking of which...

stephec

Legendary Member
Mr Phoebus;39379][QUOTE=Noodley;39366][QUOTE=Mr Phoebus;39330][QUOTE=Noodley said:

I can just about live with the salty spume but it can sometimes be a real pain in the arse.[/QUOTE]
:biggrin:
Don't be a Buccaneer, be a Bukkakeneer instead.[/QUOTE]

Good idea Mr P. There may be a lot off stiff competion for the post though!

Top Bottom