JOGLE kit list

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big T

Guru
I'd carry some food with you JIC. I once rode from Ullapool to Bonar Bridge and we passed nothing all day long, apart from 1 pub in the middle. They didn't have any proper food, so we lunched on Mars bars and crisps, washed down with a pint of orange squash.

ChrisKH

Guru
Assos cream or baby equivalent (sudocrem). Nothing worse than a sore a.............
plus pain killers; paracetomol, anti-inflammatories, codeine and something to keep you going if you have an upset stomach (Arrett; Loperamide Hydrochloride or something similar, etc). These take up so little space but could be a real life saver.

TwoTired

The missing answers:

1) Nothing in Drumrunie; previous stops are bookshop in Inverkirkaig and shops in Lochinver

2) Nothing in Gorstan; There's an hotel in nearby Garve (only time I tried the chef wasnt cooking for non-residents!) Previous stops are also hotels at Aultguish and Inchbae Lodge.

thecyclediaries

Hey there, I've posted a list on our blog (address given in my signature).

We went the western route as well, I'd wrap up warm with some decent thermals and waterproofs (including gloves), Skin so soft helps keep your skin lovely and soft and coincidently helps keep the midges away.

Also, I recommend Assos chamois cream...it's minty (smells minty I mean...not sure on the taste) and a good pair of chamois.

Your route looks awesome, enjoy your ride and let us know how you get on.

jags

Guru
take the stove probable the most important piece of kit in your panniers.along with tea bags coffee sugar .

jarushby

Spare spokes, spoke key and NBT2 cassette removal tool (available from Spa Cycles). If you lose a spoke in your rear wheel it coudl be curtains for your tour.

Make sure that your cassette is not seized on before you set out. Remove it before going, apply copper slip and dont over-tighten. Replacing spokes on the drive side of your rear wheel is pain enough without the complication of not being able to remove the cassette.

As others have suggested, make sure your carry the essential tools and spares but try to ensure that your bike is in tip top condition before setting out so you dont have to use them.

Tynan

Veteran
if savlon is for your arse treat yourself to assos cream, if it's for sundry rashes and nicks, sudacream

hubbike

If you have a set of cycling clothes and a set of evening clothes, why do you need a second set of cycling ones? When I did it I just had one set of cycling clothes and that was enough...

e-rider

crappy member
bike money self

Top Bottom