John Humphrys on the Today Programme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PrettyboyTim

Dave Davenport said:
I think he was a bit stumped as to handle the French bloke he had on this morning.

Yes, that was very funny (about 11 minutes in)

JH: "But I mean, the question remains, doesn't it, going back to what you..."
French Minister: "Ohhhh - there is a lot of question remaining, my dear sir!"
JH: "And.. and one of those question is, whether, under Mr Malchi the government can do what is needed in Iraq - that remains the question, even.. even..."
French Minister: "You are absolutely... you are abosolutely maniacally addicted, sir! There are other things... other things..."

Cab

I wondered whether that French chap had been at the wine. What an odd interview.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Bernard Kouchner is a cock. He was appointed the first UN boss of Kosovo and in his first week there, there was a normal (i.e. non-suspicious) house fire which was being competently dealt with by a Brit patrol. BK was passing by in his car and leapt out, ego flopping all over the place and tried to take charge and simply got in the way, doing more harm than good. The Brit officer in charge tried a few times to politely get rid of him and ended up threatening to wallop him. In the end he got the message and hoofed it. Complete cock.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
:smile:
mikebriscoe said:
The French bloke was Bernard Kouchner, French Foreign Minister, and former head of Medecins Sans Frontieres. His quirky and feisty style completely threw the Humphster didn´t it?
Jeux Sans Frontieres? That's the answer to the whole Iraq thing...arrange a battle between a giant Osama and a giant George Bush, straining on bungees on a spinnig multi-coloured turntable, liberally doused with grease. It'll blow the Iraqi's minds, and they'll all see the joys that western living has to offer, ditch religion and embrace It's a Knockout-style events with glee!

Big Bren

I agree with the OP - Humphreys likes the sound of his own voice so much thesedays that his questions take up the lions share of any interview he conducts. He strikes me as an over-agressive, sub-par Paxman without the incisive intellect.

I like Naughtie personally - he has a much more inquisitive, self-deprecating style; he never gives his interviewees an easy ride, but seems to lack the ego of Humphreys.

All that said, I listen regardless, since the alternatives are like having ones fingernails peeled off.

Bren

I don't think he reads the forum :smile:

Back to my pet hate Carolyn Quinn
phoo ! what a boiler

Top Bottom