John Lennon would be 80 on Friday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I have a "best of" collection on vinyl somewhere. I must dig it out in honour of the occasion.:music:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Any artist that dies young has the benefit of being young forever in the eyes of the public.

Lennon may have died from natural causes like George. Or aged like Paul and Ringo. Those two seem to be fairly level headed considering what they have been through.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I wonder if he was still here would he be dying his hair and his beard like Paul and Ringo do?🤔
Paul’s hair looks far better now that he isn’t using the dark hair dye. But he clearly still uses highlights.
Tom Jones did the right thing and went from jet black to grey overnight and looks so much better.

D

Deleted member 26715

Lennon may have died from natural causes like George.
I didn't think a .38 pistol was natural now do I put a smiley here on such a serious subject when it was an obvious spelling error, mmmmm

Drago

Legendary Member
I think he's overrated myself. He did some good stuff, but was on a sharp creative decline just as Harrison was on a creative ascendancy.

And a bit of a berk too, apparently. The list of unpleasantness is too long to relay here.

Not too sure about that. His best stuff was written with Macca. His solo stuff was dreary, especially when the funny woman came along.
If you have little time for her I can recommend this for some piercing and at times rather funny put-downs of her.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/1-2-3-4-Beatles-Time-Craig-Brown/dp/0008340005/ref=asc_df_0008340005/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=430916450797&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2213983702626167623&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046300&hvtargid=pla-899714816857&psc=1&th=1&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=97419295902&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=430916450797&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2213983702626167623&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046300&hvtargid=pla-899714816857

If being negative you could say it is a cut and paste job but I think it's a very good one.

He also did a pretty fine book on Princess Margaret.

Tom Jones did the right thing and went from jet black to grey overnight and looks so much better.
But Tom Jones has ever forgotten where he came from. Paul and Ringo have little love left for their background; Ringo got into a lot of trouble for saying so.
Ever watch the Tom Jones documentary? He went back to Pontypridd and was stood in the street doing a piece to camera. Half a dozen young guys charged across to have a selfie with him, and he was talking to them like they all drank together. Can't see the surviving Beatles doing that. Too far up their own Mersey Tunnels.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Paul’s hair looks far better now that he isn’t using the dark hair dye. But he clearly still uses highlights.
And as for Robert Plant, that surely can’t be his own? :ohmy:

Top Bottom