John McCririck has left the building

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
What are the odds on that eh?

R.I.P

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I watch a lot of racing and I never took to him that much, he tended to grate. Then there was his self-entitled childish whining when Channel 4 "Sacked" him - they didn't, his contract came to an end and they decided not to renew it. Though he was no worse in that respect than Jimmy Young and Dave Lee Travis when they were similarly put out to grass for being stale and dated.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Apparently he died at 10 to 1.

RIP - I liked him.

Smudge

Veteran
I watch a lot of racing and I never took to him that much, he tended to grate. Then there was his self-entitled childish whining when Channel 4 "Sacked" him - they didn't, his contract came to an end and they decided not to renew it. Though he was no worse in that respect than Jimmy Young and Dave Lee Travis when they were similarly put out to grass for being stale and dated.

DLT jumped before he was pushed. He had a flounce and resigned live on air.
Smashie & Nicey did a great psstake of it.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I’m unmoved by this. He wasn’t my type of personality, but he was a superb self publicist. I’m sure British Racing loved him because he got people talking.

To merge with the influencer thread. He was an influencer before people knew what influencers were.

matiz

Guru
Purely on the racing front he was always on the punters side unlike the team of yes men and crawlers the TV racing employs now, he uncovered several big scandals in his early days as a racing journalist and was quite fearless unmasking the crooks that have always hung around the sport .

Top Bottom