John Surtees

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Illaveago

Legendary Member
About ten years ago I'd drawn the short straw of Silverstone duty.

I'm wandering around and Sterling Toss walks up to me, camelhair coat draped across his shoulders, entourage in tow and snaps at me "Tell such and such that I'm here." No hello, excuse me, would you mind awfully, or even a thank you.

I mulled this gents apparent rudeness for a moment, and replied "certainly Sir. What's your name please?"

His face was a picture.
I had heard something similar. He opened up a new petrol station where I was working and the bosses son didn't think much of him.
 

Illaveago

Legendary Member
I was sad to hear the news of his passing yesterday. I think he started off in engineering and became rather good at winning races.

A True Legend. R. I. P.
 

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
I had heard something similar. He opened up a new petrol station where I was working and the bosses son didn't think much of him.
I've met other slabs, even MP's, and most were fairly benign, some even quite pleasant, but Sterling Toss has the biggest dose of "wedged up my own arriss" syndrome I've even encountered.
 
Top Bottom