johnny depp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

The singular most overrated and worst actor of our generation.

He can't act properly because you can tell he is too self conscious of how good looking he is. He ruined the film of one of the most important books in the last 50 years 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'.

He wants to be Dennis Hopper, or Robert De Niro... or any decent character actor.

We're not blaming him necessarily, it's because of joint bank accounts and the pink pound that is driving the need for this gutless, charismaless, pretty boy hero, cowboy boots or not.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

When I think of johhny depp, i see shadows of films I might of gone to see if he just wasn't, er, in it.

Even brad pitt is better than him.

Can Johhny Depp even do *angry?*

(i'm angry because j ross just gave him a good review)

Dave5N

Über Member
Abitrary said:

He can't act properly because you can tell he is too self conscious of how good looking he is. He ruined the film of one of the most important books in the last 50 years 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'.

He wants to be Dennis Hopper, or Robert De Niro... or any decent character actor.

We're not blaming him necessarily, it's because of joint bank accounts and the pink pound that is driving the need for this gutless, charismaless, pretty boy hero, cowboy boots or not.

You mean: 'one of the most self-important books in the last 50 years 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'

What you bin enjoying tonight, arbers? :tongue:

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Dave5N said:
You mean: 'one of the most self-important books in the last 50 years 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'

What you bin enjoying tonight, arbers? :tongue:

Johnny Depp in that role is like ricky gervaise in Henry V.

A disaster that hurts.

Maybe there was no one edgy to take that role on, or they didn't want to take on an unknown.

Imagine a young Dennis Hopper or John Hurt... or Gene Hackman doing that role. It would have been the best film ever.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

redfox said:
Surely, shooting the messenger would be a better course of action in this case?

No. Because it's being building up in our psyches.

Edward scissorhands was accepted because he was dressed up. Gilbert Grape because he could look sullen.

The rest is cack. He has effectively negated and destroyed whatever else he has been in. Even that Ed Wood one.

Johnny Depp survives in the same way that soap opera's do on the BBC

Abitrary said:

Surely that accolade belongs to Tom Cruise!

mondobongo

Über Member
There are far worse actors and actresses than Johnny, I like most of his stuff Secret Window has him in a different role/character.

Pete

I thought he did a superb - if low-key - role in Gilbert Grape, eminently watchable. Somewhat eclipsed by Leo in that film, maybe.

red_tom

Keanu Reeves is surely the worst of our generation.

Depp recently got his Captain Jack costume flown over from the States so that he could spend four hours playing with kids in Great Ormond street (His daughter had been treated there over the summer and he wanted to say thank you). Oh and he gave them a million pounds as well. Whatever you think of his acting, that seems like the actions of an ok bloke.

Pete

Chocolat? Maybe not that one, too many others to compete against, don't think he carries it well.

Top Bottom