Joined FB.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
never joined , have used other halfs for sending family messages etc etc

but yes cycle chat does it for me too

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Facebook is very useful depending on how you use it. We use it locally to organise and find out about group rides, track sessions etc. we would struggle without it

Night Train

Maker of Things
Several years ago I was asked to join FB to share files and images during a study course. I wasn't keen but went to have a look. I then read the T+Cs in entirety, took me all night to make sense of it all, and decided the one place in the www not to have any information is FB (though Google is going the same way).

I never joined. I would advise anyone else not to join.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
For those worried about info security.. If you don't want the world knowing, don't put it online. It's perfectly possible to use any social network portal without having your life stolen.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I use FB a lot. I really enjoy using it. If I don't want anyone to see it, I don't put it up, as MattHB says. They may 'own' whatever I put up there, but it doesn't bother me; I'm not paranoid enough to think that the FB company will malevolently hunt me down and ruin my life. All they do is harvest what I look at and tailor ads to my likes and preferences. Some of which have been really useful, and the rest of which I simply ignore.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
For those worried about info security.. If you don't want the world knowing, don't put it online. It's perfectly possible to use any social network portal without having your life stolen.
I don't think it's that simple though, there's nothing stopping people you know uploading photos of you and tagging you and even if they dont tag you people can find photos/comments on friends FB. Say you meet or know 2 girls who are friends, girlA keeps her FB free of crap and secure, girlB keeps hers open and fills it with photos of her and girlA's drunken antics, you only have to look at the friends FB.

My issue is two-fold, firstly that the information is essentially persistent once you've put it out there so what you think is appropriate at 18 could stick with you forever. Secondly I really dont like the concept of keeping up with people on Facebook, making the need for actual communication largely redundant, no more "what have you been upto?".

OP
OP
Nihal

Nihal

Veteran
Several years ago I was asked to join FB to share files and images during a study course. I wasn't keen but went to have a look. I then read the T+Cs in entirety, took me all night to make sense of it all, and
:bravo:

:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Forget that spelling mistake too..............

RaRa

Why, though? What security are people worried about?

For one thing there's the little issue of the facebook app on your phone that gives them permission to read your text messages, see your phone calls and who has contacted you.
Ok it's not online FB but if thats the company philosophy then I don't want anything to do with them.

Top Bottom