joining the club

Discussion in 'Recumbents, Trikes and HPVs' started by roadrash, 27 Jan 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

certainly seems it , but me and fast don't normally appear in the same sentence, certainly uses different muscles

classic33 likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

and I need to sort something out for carrying stuff, I'm thinking rack

3. voyager

voyager E- tadpole Triker

WP_20180128_19_45_24_Pro.jpg hamster bags for carrying things or rack and panniers ( see yesterdays 20/20 thread ) kens has some deep semi hard panniers and an aluminium rack , mine has hamster bags , as for led front lamps on the folder l use these (above )
    the other trikes l made up L shape brackets with a stub for the front lamps.

enjoy yourself

emma

roadrash likes this.
  4. voyager

another way to mount front lamps is....

use a 1" handlebar stem in the front mech tube and a short piece of handlebar to mount twin lamps

Later's Emma

classic33 and roadrash like this.
  5. voyager

hamster bags and tubular mounts
    WP_20180128_20_52_55_Pro.jpg

classic33 likes this.
  6. Time Waster

Time Waster Well-Known Member

Got a recumbent Saturday myself and went out this morning. Pushed it around the road to the car and decided to sit in it. Before I knew it I found I was at the top of a nearby alley with vans slope. I was riding in ten minutes but very wobbly.

Later on I was riding along the promenade. Very wobbly. After half an hour I was less wobbly. So I hit a steep hill. Nearly made it but someone was near me and I got a wobble. Turned around and wheesh! A scary ride downhill! But what fun?! I've now got an aching face from the grin I had all ride.

Can I just say two wheeled recumbent riding has it all that I'd lost with uprights? Gone are the days in stupid enough to cycle at up to 58mph on a bike. However that hill today had enough of the same thrills even if I never got those heady speeds.

I bet you had the newbie recumbent grin on your first ride it too.

7. Scoosh

Scoosh Velocouchiste Staff Member

:wahhey: - BUT ... We need pics ! :laugh:

classic33 likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

not had chance to get it out today, the fun prevention officer had us doing family stuff :sad:, I will get some pics tomorrow

gaijintendo, Scoosh and classic33 like this.
  9. Time Waster

Time Waster Well-Known Member

It's the one in this classified. Unfortunately I don't have any photographs yet.
    https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/street-machine-recumbent-sold.223044/

A really nice bike. I'm finding it a lot of fun even on the flat of a seaside promenade. I started off very wobbly but after half an hour i was slaloming round lampposts. I'm not far off completely relaxing on it. Still get the death grip on the bars when on a mixed use path when it's narrow and there's a pedestrian or my young lad on his bike (erratic rider).

A bit more practise then kit up for commuting and winter riding. Lights, etc. Time to dig out my spare garmin GPS mount too. I really need to know how fast I'm riding.

Best cycling buy for years. Not enjoyed myself as much since I got my first lightweight road bike 26+ years ago. When something is just so different in a positive way to what you're used to in cycling...

Scoosh, classic33 and roadrash like this.
  10. OP
    OP
    roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

mudguards are going to be required I think, @voyager I can get 20"mudguards no problem , I know you made some from plumbing pipe , the question is how did you mount them ??

11. voyager

pm sent

roadrash likes this.
  12. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Still none, before he starts tinkering with it as well.

13. OP
    OP
    roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

spent an hour out this morning, just spinning an easy gear , legs are aching a bit less and i think ive found the sweetspot regarding boom length.^_^
    I hadn't got of the estate and three people asked me about the trike, one white van passed me , pulled up and driver got out, i thought to myself eyup here we go:boxing:, he walked towards me and said "i saw someone on one of them in preston yesterday, what are they like to ride" well that was the opposite of what i was expecting , after a brief chat i asked if he wanted to try it, he declined.
    I really should have got a recumbent trike years ago, no back discomfort after riding , unlike my normal bike

Attached Files:

dave r and classic33 like this.
  14. voyager

I recognise that trike :hello:
    mudguard mounts , either weld a couple of double hole lugs on the steering arms ( what I would do) or take a top mount off the head tube ( fabricated a mount) and weld a piece of bar stock of the end of the steering arms 15mmx3 mm bar stock works well . Never got around to making guard mounts as it was a " work in progress machine" use for mods on the e- trikes.
    Will find photos of mud guard mounts or go to the article on atomiczombie and look at the original thread ( article in a news letter)

Later's Emma

roadrash likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

Thank you, i just need to find a friendly local welder , and i think i know just the fella .

classic33 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice