joining the club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
and I need to sort something out for carrying stuff, I'm thinking rack

WP_20180128_19_45_24_Pro.jpg
hamster bags for carrying things or rack and panniers ( see yesterdays 20/20 thread ) kens has some deep semi hard panniers and an aluminium rack , mine has hamster bags , as for led front lamps on the folder l use these (above )
the other trikes l made up L shape brackets with a stub for the front lamps.

enjoy yourself

emma

Got a recumbent Saturday myself and went out this morning. Pushed it around the road to the car and decided to sit in it. Before I knew it I found I was at the top of a nearby alley with vans slope. I was riding in ten minutes but very wobbly.

Later on I was riding along the promenade. Very wobbly. After half an hour I was less wobbly. So I hit a steep hill. Nearly made it but someone was near me and I got a wobble. Turned around and wheesh! A scary ride downhill! But what fun?! I've now got an aching face from the grin I had all ride.

Can I just say two wheeled recumbent riding has it all that I'd lost with uprights? Gone are the days in stupid enough to cycle at up to 58mph on a bike. However that hill today had enough of the same thrills even if I never got those heady speeds.

I bet you had the newbie recumbent grin on your first ride it too.

:wahhey: - BUT ... We need pics ! :laugh:
It's the one in this classified. Unfortunately I don't have any photographs yet.
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/street-machine-recumbent-sold.223044/

A really nice bike. I'm finding it a lot of fun even on the flat of a seaside promenade. I started off very wobbly but after half an hour i was slaloming round lampposts. I'm not far off completely relaxing on it. Still get the death grip on the bars when on a mixed use path when it's narrow and there's a pedestrian or my young lad on his bike (erratic rider).

A bit more practise then kit up for commuting and winter riding. Lights, etc. Time to dig out my spare garmin GPS mount too. I really need to know how fast I'm riding.

Best cycling buy for years. Not enjoyed myself as much since I got my first lightweight road bike 26+ years ago. When something is just so different in a positive way to what you're used to in cycling...

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
spent an hour out this morning, just spinning an easy gear , legs are aching a bit less and i think ive found the sweetspot regarding boom length.^_^
I hadn't got of the estate and three people asked me about the trike, one white van passed me , pulled up and driver got out, i thought to myself eyup here we go:boxing:, he walked towards me and said "i saw someone on one of them in preston yesterday, what are they like to ride" well that was the opposite of what i was expecting , after a brief chat i asked if he wanted to try it, he declined.
I really should have got a recumbent trike years ago, no back discomfort after riding , unlike my normal bike

Attachments

• IMG_1050.JPG
    IMG_1050.JPG
    293.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1051.JPG
    IMG_1051.JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 51
I recognise that trike :hello:
mudguard mounts , either weld a couple of double hole lugs on the steering arms ( what I would do) or take a top mount off the head tube ( fabricated a mount) and weld a piece of bar stock of the end of the steering arms 15mmx3 mm bar stock works well . Never got around to making guard mounts as it was a " work in progress machine" use for mods on the e- trikes.
Will find photos of mud guard mounts or go to the article on atomiczombie and look at the original thread ( article in a news letter)

Later's Emma

Top Bottom