joining the club

Discussion in 'Recumbents, Trikes and HPVs' started by roadrash, 27 Jan 2018.

1. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Just pictures of the trike and rider(actually using it) required now!

roadrash likes this.
  2. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

You'll get used to that, the reaction to recumbents is the polar opposite of what you get when you're on an upright.

roadrash likes this.
  3. Time Waster

Time Waster Well-Known Member

To busy having fun on it too get photos. Sorry!

roadrash likes this.
  4. voyager

voyager E- tadpole Triker

Here WP_20180202_11_09_38_Pro.jpg is just one method of fitting mudguards , the top mount can be made using a hole to fit the threaded fork top and the lower mount could attach to the caliper mount , personally l prefer the formed bar under the guards rather than above . M5 domed nuts look best for securing the guards , eBay or Halfords .
    Front lamp mounts can also be fitted to the top arms together with computer and phone mounts , just increase the thickness to avoid vibration problems.
    Free free to ask any more questions .

regards Emma

classic33, plantfit and roadrash like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

Fitted a tortec rack to the trike earlier, fixed the rear light to the rack...

Attached Files:

6. Time Waster

Time Waster Well-Known Member

My partner told me what the reactions i got from people I passed. I think she said the looks were of pity with a bit of "isn't it good he's able to get out!" Basically they thought I had a disability to rider a recumbent. I think if that's true then it sums up people from morecambe well totally backwards, ignorant and... Well I'll stop there because I'm leaving Lancaster on a train now and ppl from Lancaster are as bad. Let's not start with Garstang! :laugh:

7. OP
    OP
    roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

Ive ridden the trike with the 26"rear wheel up to now, I'm gonna try it with the 20"rear wheel if I get chance tomorrow,

8. voyager

I would check the head angle it will get twitchy over 78 degrees , we played with the angles by using the rear end solid or a damper as well as 20 , 24 & 26" wheels.

9. OP
    OP
    roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

what do you mean by head angle ?

10. voyager

The caster angle measured between the ground and the head tube , . Too steep ( big back wheel ) will make the trike twitchy and too shallow with make it tame but can cause flop . I aimed for 70 - 78 degrees , can be checked using an app on a mobile phone.

regards Emma

11. OP
    OP
    roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

and I thought it was as simple as sticking the 20" wheel in, good job I was a butcher and not a bike builder

classic33 likes this.
  12. voyager

Last time I saw it , it had a 20" rear wheel on it.

regards Emma

13. OP
    OP
    roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

when I picked it up from saluki it had a 26" rear wheel on it but she gave me a 20" rear as well, when you had the 20"rear wheel on it did you use a damper, here it is exactly as I picked it up.. img_1050-jpg.jpg

14. voyager

15. OP
    OP
    roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

that's the rear wheel she gave to me , I just need to put a rotor on it, I have a couple in the shed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice