joining the club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
spent an hour out this morning, just spinning an easy gear , legs are aching a bit less and i think ive found the sweetspot regarding boom length.^_^
I hadn't got of the estate and three people asked me about the trike, one white van passed me , pulled up and driver got out, i thought to myself eyup here we go:boxing:, he walked towards me and said "i saw someone on one of them in preston yesterday, what are they like to ride" well that was the opposite of what i was expecting , after a brief chat i asked if he wanted to try it, he declined.
I really should have got a recumbent trike years ago, no back discomfort after riding , unlike my normal bike
Just pictures of the trike and rider(actually using it) required now!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I hadn't got of the estate and three people asked me about the trike, one white van passed me , pulled up and driver got out, i thought to myself eyup here we go:boxing:, he walked towards me and said "i saw someone on one of them in preston yesterday, what are they like to ride"

You'll get used to that, the reaction to recumbents is the polar opposite of what you get when you're on an upright.

Here
WP_20180202_11_09_38_Pro.jpg
is just one method of fitting mudguards , the top mount can be made using a hole to fit the threaded fork top and the lower mount could attach to the caliper mount , personally l prefer the formed bar under the guards rather than above . M5 domed nuts look best for securing the guards , eBay or Halfords .
Front lamp mounts can also be fitted to the top arms together with computer and phone mounts , just increase the thickness to avoid vibration problems.
Free free to ask any more questions .

regards Emma

My partner told me what the reactions i got from people I passed. I think she said the looks were of pity with a bit of "isn't it good he's able to get out!" Basically they thought I had a disability to rider a recumbent. I think if that's true then it sums up people from morecambe well totally backwards, ignorant and... Well I'll stop there because I'm leaving Lancaster on a train now and ppl from Lancaster are as bad. Let's not start with Garstang! :laugh:

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
what do you mean by head angle ?

Top Bottom