Joss Lowden's Hour Record

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Can't see it listed on Eurosport :sad:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Looking at the hour records I see that if she does beat the current record of 48.007 she stands a chance of also beating Jeannie Longo's 1996 record of 48.159. Meaning we could have a single, unified, hour record.

Harder to do with the men's record because Boardman's 1996 distance is a full kilometre beyond the record.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cycling_records

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
4pm till 6pm that's 2 hours :laugh:
Half an hour of "Can she do it?", "Will she do it?" "Should she even be trying to do it?", followed by an hour of riding, followed by half an hour of "Yes, of course she could do it!", "Yes, she did do it!" "Good job she was brave enough to go for it!" or alternatively "No, she couldn't do it!", "No, she did not do it!" "FAIL - I bet she won't try that again!" :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Did she just beat the countdown clock? It looked like she set off about half a second early!

(Obviously, not a huge time saving if she did, but it would be awful to have a record disallowed on a technicality...)

I thought that too. Does the clock start on the final beep, or on her disconnecting the bike from the stand? The latter would be better, given that they're timing this to hundredths of a second. Also, presumably someone officiating would have declared a false start if there had been one.

Top Bottom