Jousting WVM

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by jonny jeez, 19 Apr 2010.

1. here

I just managed to catch this on vid.

this guy has placed a arial at this spot on his van for no reason that I can think of other than to cause harm to others. It is not placed to deter left hooks and is almost invisible untill the last moment (as you can see)...if he had a flag on it I'd think his motives were a little more understandable

I have the reg and am reporting this to the local authorities

2. Origamist

Origamist Guru

Perhaps an angry cyclist/motorcyclist had bent it into that position!? In any event, he should not be driving with it at that angle...

3. OP
    OP
    jonny jeez

jonny jeez Guru

no, the bracket was on the side of the wing, not the top (you can just see it under the mirror in the still) That was my first thought too, so I checked

4. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

Weird...perhaps you should have told him about it.

5. Origamist

Origamist Guru

Good spot - that aerial could have your eye out (as my grandma would say).

6. magnatom

magnatom Guest

It'd have been a shame if, as you spotted it your reaction was to grab it and pull it off.....:smile:

7. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

Then he mows you down.

8. OP
    OP
    jonny jeez

jonny jeez Guru

couldn't see the point in stopping to tell him that the obstacle that he had deliberately placed to "take someone's eye out" will probably take someone's eye out...

I figured he knew that already and besides that probably would have ended in the same way you have just posted ...with me being mown down, dont fancy that for a Monday Morning

9. Jezston

Jezston Über Member

'Usually'? This is something other drivers do, too?

10. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

That's only cos mags suggested to pull it out and you know how protective people are about their vehicles.

You say deliberately as well...never known anything like this....till tomorrow.:smile:

11. redjedi

redjedi Über Member

If it was held on with a magnet, it may just have slipped or been pulled and the driver may not have noticed.

12. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

Agree with Mr P.

13. OP
    OP
    jonny jeez

jonny jeez Guru

this is possible, it was a round sort of bracket, with a large footprint (as I guess a magnetic one would)

14. Jezston

Jezston Über Member

Oh I see sorry, you mean it ended up there after slipping?

Sorry I assumed you meant attaching an aerial in this fashion with a magnet specifically to twat riders was something some drivers do!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice