Jousting WVM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
here

I just managed to catch this on vid.

this guy has placed a arial at this spot on his van for no reason that I can think of other than to cause harm to others. It is not placed to deter left hooks and is almost invisible untill the last moment (as you can see)...if he had a flag on it I'd think his motives were a little more understandable

I have the reg and am reporting this to the local authorities

Origamist

Legendary Member
Perhaps an angry cyclist/motorcyclist had bent it into that position!? In any event, he should not be driving with it at that angle...

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Origamist said:
Perhaps an angry cyclist/motorcyclist had bent it into that position!? In any event, he should not be driving with it at that angle...

no, the bracket was on the side of the wing, not the top (you can just see it under the mirror in the still) That was my first thought too, so I checked

Origamist

Legendary Member
jonny jeez said:
no, the bracket was on the side of the wing, not the top (you can just see it under the mirror in the still) That was my first thought too, so I checked

Good spot - that aerial could have your eye out (as my grandma would say).

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
hackbike 666 said:
Weird...perhaps you should have told him about it.

couldn't see the point in stopping to tell him that the obstacle that he had deliberately placed to "take someone's eye out" will probably take someone's eye out...

I figured he knew that already and besides that probably would have ended in the same way you have just posted ...with me being mown down, dont fancy that for a Monday Morning

Jezston

Über Member
'Usually'? This is something other drivers do, too?

jonny jeez said:
couldn't see the point in stopping to tell him that the obstacle that he had deliberately placed to "take someone's eye out" will probably take someone's eye out...

I figured he knew that already and besides that probably would have ended in the same way you have just posted ...with me being mown down, dont fancy that for a Monday Morning

That's only cos mags suggested to pull it out and you know how protective people are about their vehicles.

You say deliberately as well...never known anything like this....till tomorrow.:smile:

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
That type of radio aerial usually has a magnetic base.

I can't imagine someone being stupid enough to drill a hole at that point on a wing for an aerial.

this is possible, it was a round sort of bracket, with a large footprint (as I guess a magnetic one would)

Jezston

Über Member
Oh I see sorry, you mean it ended up there after slipping?

Sorry I assumed you meant attaching an aerial in this fashion with a magnet specifically to twat riders was something some drivers do!

Top Bottom