Jumble sales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just got back to work and am unpacking the bag. Cabin at moment is best described as a jumble sale. But this has had me thinking that I can't actually remember the last time I saw a local church/voulunteer group jumble sale advertised. The occassional 'fayre' bouncy castles and the like, car boot sales and we donate fairly regular to charity shops as the kids grow out of stuff in seemingly minutes.

So any of them in your neighbourhood? Are they dying out nationally or is it just my area?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They are usually round Christmas in this area, under the disguise of a Fayre !!!

I went past a Scout jumble sale 'as advertised' - about six weeks ago. It was being held in quite a 'posh' part of the burbs around here and the road was rammed with people queueing to get in...their Range Rovers with the hatch primed to receive booty!
I was surprised to see such a throng and 'first dibs' might have taken on a different meaning.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
We volunteered to help out at a Cats Protection jumble sale a few months ago in Brierley Hill at a community centre. It was horrendous, the doors opened and they ran in, grabbing handfuls of clothes and then sorting through them on the floor.
When you're on the seller's side of the table the look of naked greed is not a pretty sight.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
upsidedown said:
We volunteered to help out at a Cats Protection jumble sale a few months ago in Brierley Hill at a community centre. It was horrendous, the doors opened and they ran in, grabbing handfuls of clothes and then sorting through them on the floor.
When you're on the seller's side of the table the look of naked greed is not a pretty sight.

There's a sitcom in that... :thumbsdown:

mark barker

The local church has a sale once a week, but its always the same volunteers selling the same old stuff with the same people wondering around! I think they make more money from the coffee & cake stall than anything else.

Every few weeks our local Cats' Protection unit holds a jumble sale/attic sale, to I often send bric a brac & clothes. I try not to bring too much stuff back with me but I can't resist that woollen garment which would go in my cupboard to join the rest of the stuff to cut up in strips and attempt to make a peg rug like my Gran used to make.

I bet no-one on here remembers these rugs.

Bayerd

Über Member
Campfire said:
Every few weeks our local Cats' Protection unit holds a jumble sale/attic sale, to I often send bric a brac & clothes. I try not to bring too much stuff back with me but I can't resist that woollen garment which would go in my cupboard to join the rest of the stuff to cut up in strips and attempt to make a peg rug like my Gran used to make.

I bet no-one on here remembers these rugs.

Erm..

not at my age...

Top Bottom