June 8th 2019 is my departure date..couch to lejog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angry Blonde

Über Member
Ive set my date in stone to do lejog, training starts from now, ive bought a scott mtb to do all my training on ,then im going to buy a road bike to do the actual lejog. Hopefully lose a bit weight in the process.

I have set up a facebook page for the ride, plannin on 12 days, with a mixture of camping and bnbs...

https://www.facebook.com/cycle4memories/

Going to start commuting to work by bike, and get some miles in

Ajax Bay

Guru
I'm assuming you've posted on here, inviting advice. Must admit I thought you were doing LEJOG in 2017. Is this your second go?
I recommend you give yourself enough time (eg from Easter) to get used to riding the bike you are obtaining to ride end-to-end, as the geometry and contact points will be different. And you will wish to become familiar with the mechanics of the bike you'll use (when it matters) eg brakes (?disc). Get 'clipless' pedals (SPD) and shoes that you can ride for hours and hours in, swap the ones you have on your MTB with those, and use them over the winter. Similarly, you could find a saddle that suits and fit that to the MTB.
With regard to route planning, have a look at my post in the East Coast v West Coast thread.
Also several threads on here on options for getting back from JoG.
plannin on 12 days, with a mixture of camping and bnbs...
"I will be totally self supported carrying everything I will need. And also be camping every night along the way."
Self-supported is good. And getting somewhere for the night means that one can get clothes washed and dried ready for putting back on in the morning.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Angry Blonde

Angry Blonde

Über Member
Unfortunatley kids and injury scuppered my attempt last year, im back to good health now. And ive put everything in place for next yesr...managed to get someone to do it with me this time....holidays are booked from work...only thing i cant really do is book a train down to penzance cause you cant book more than three months in advance.

But ive been off the bike for two years so its like starting all over again...

Im planning on campjng every night....was thinking of a b and b...if i fancy a comfy bed one night.

Ill have a look at your route

Cheers for the tips mate

Ice2911

Über Member
Ive set my date in stone to do lejog, training starts from now, ive bought a scott mtb to do all my training on ,then im going to buy a road bike to do the actual lejog. Hopefully lose a bit weight in the process.

I have set up a facebook page for the ride, plannin on 12 days, with a mixture of camping and bnbs...

https://www.facebook.com/cycle4memories/

Going to start commuting to work by bike, and get some miles in
Have you started yet and if so how is it going?

Top Bottom