Junk shop find

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
The front brake is adonised red not original the back brake looks original with a quick release for quick wheel removal ,also the front wheel is probably not original as it is chrome and not alloy like the rear wheel ,there is too much crud on the chain wheel to see dates at the moment ,going to tread carefully with the clean up to find a number , the brake levers are as midlife describes they are GB and have super hood on them .The frame is a very light tube set I guess probably 531 like the example bike in the link above , the best bit about this is its been saved from the skip they have 2 huge skips on site that before too long this would have been in if some one with an eye for old bikes didn't show up quick .

Drago

Legendary Member
The more I look at that, the more I think how gorgeous it would look when rebuilt. High quality powder coat, period equipment, but with modern rims, that would be an absolute stoater.

simongt

Guru
Cracking find and well deserving of a sympathetic resto - ! :thumbsup: My personal view would be to work down to see if you can find the original colour to use and then source appropriate decals.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Cracking find and well deserving of a sympathetic resto - ! :thumbsup: My personal view would be to work down to see if you can find the original colour to use and then source appropriate decals.
According to the OP the silver hiding underneath may be chrome but he'll have to see what sort of condition it's in after stripping the paint back. There's a good chance the coating has preserved it.

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
Up date on the chrome finish ,its very badly scored all over presumably to key in the respray paint so the nice chrome finish is no more ,WHY would you do that to such a nice frame ,so it will be a respray but maybe I could leave the lugs in chrome , the score marks would not be so obvious on the lugs ,would it look right ? would this have been an acceptable finish for a bike like this ?.

Top Bottom