Junk shop find

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks Drago they seem to be in Kent but I will get an estimate ,but I will try as IIIaveago suggest and try and polish it up .
I have managed to make brushed stainless steel shiny so you may be able to improve the finish that you have.

simongt

Guru
A wee tip. If you're going along the chroming route, ensure that a coat of copper is plated on first. This will prevent rust forming on the steel frame and eventually showing through the chrome. This practice was common many years ago with the better plating companies. :thumbsup:

Drago

Legendary Member
Thanks Drago they seem to be in Kent but I will get an estimate ,but I will try as IIIaveago suggest and try and polish it up .

Sorry bud, I'm a plum. Googled them on Mrs D's phone and thought they were in Lancaster.

Chroming isn't cheap, but isnt mental either. A chum of mine just had the roll bar on his Westfield stripped and reckoned and that was less than a one-er.

carpenter

Über Member

I think that they would do a good job, but I was quoted £140 for just a pair of forks - could be looking at £400 for whole bike?

carpenter

Über Member
Sorry bud, I'm a plum. Googled them on Mrs D's phone and thought they were in Lancaster.

Not being a "plum", I thought they were in Suffolk ^_^
I think they come up un any search for "chrome plating near me" - possibly because they offer a collection and delivery service near to your home.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Yep - they quoted me £140........

To rechrome a rack :eek:

Had it chrome powder coated for 25 sovs instead.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
A55BB0E7-FF0D-4E03-B8BD-94A09564B8CA.jpeg
How have you found the chrome powder coating?
Not quite as shiny as proper chrome, but I’m happy with it.

Top Bottom