Just a couple of positives....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Not wanting to sound too hippy-ish, but.....

It's funny how the little things can make a difference. Commuting into work on Monday I had a woman wave me on with a smile, and a guy in a lorry wave me on too in another part of the commute. I waved thanks in both cases, gave them my best smile, and wished them a most pleasant good day (it was a warm day, so I think both of them heard me, I hope so!).

Nice way to start off the day -I know this forum can be full of negative experiences, but sometimes nice ones happen too.

RWright

Guru
I have recently started doing some commuting to work. I have been pleasantly surprised by the patience of the drivers that I have had to interact with so far. I do try to look for and plan ahead for any possible situations that I can, but some things just happen fast and you have to rely on the drivers to make a good decision.

I have been waved on as well as being let pass when a car was turning thru my lane and I was coming up a nice size hill. I did start grinding harder when I saw what was happening but I was surprised he didn't go in front of me, this was on the shoulder of a 55 mph large two lane highway, the cars that had to stop behind him did not get aggressive either. I think they saw the effort I started putting out to get past his turn. My town is not a large aggressive driving type town but bike lanes are non-existent.

Sandra6

Veteran
It only takes one considerate driver to make you forget the last three ass-wipes.
I was peed off with the two cars in front of me who wouldn't let me change lanes coming up to a r-a-b, then we all got stopped by a workman as they were tarring the road. I pulled past the two cars who had blocked me and the workman smiled and said I'd be better off crossing over and taking the pavement to avoid mucking up my wheels. I thanked him, took off and was round the corner at my destination before he even let the other two asses drive on. ^_^

Top Bottom