Just a little excited!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bryony

Veteran
I have a bit of money coming my way in the very near future, so I have been looking for my n+1.

I have a road bike and a mountain bike so I've been looking at hybrids. It'll be the perfect bike for my club runs with the ladies as they sometimes go down the odd gravel track so obviously not really suitable for my road bike and I'm not really keen on riding my mountain bike 20/30 miles.

Anyway been looking at several different bikes and have spotted this in my LBS and fallen in love!
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/2014.liv.giant.escape.0.w/15015/66790/

Had a sit on it today and had it fitted to see if it fitted me......... it does!! Wasn't able to test ride it today as there was gale force winds and monsoon conditions outside but I'll be popping in some time this week to have a ride. So as long as I don't hate it when I test ride it this is going to be my new addition!! I'm sooooooo excited!! :hyper::wahhey::dance:

Heigue'r

Veteran
Nice looking bike, hope the test ride goes well

Escapes have changed quite a lot since I got M0. 26" wheels, hydraulic brakes and the frame was basically one of the nicer mtb ones they produced.
Though mine is very different now with an xtracycle rear end.

OP
OP
Bryony

Bryony

Veteran
Not wishing to knock it... but £649 is bloody expensive for a bike with that spec.

I'd seriously suggest a trip to Decathlon where you can get a bike with a similar or better spec for much less money... which you can then spend on all the bits to go with the bike :thumbsup:
That's a fair enough comment but if I'm honest I'm not keen on the look of Decathlon's hybrids and their women's specific ones seem to have step through frames and I don't like them. Also our nearest decathlon is over an hours drive away plus a trip through the Dartford tunnel which is a nightmare at the best if times!!

I did shop around before deciding on this bike but it was the only one I really liked and now after riding it I love it even more! It may be a bit over priced for the spec but my LBS are so good they will chuck in the accessories I need for it for free ^_^

OP
OP
Bryony

Bryony

Veteran
Or the Giant Defy 1, which can be found for £699 presently on the 2014 model!
I like the defy but I already have a road bike that I can't ride at the moment due to a back injury from a car accident hence why I'm looking at hybrids, they have a nice upright position which is more comfy for my back ^_^

Top Bottom