Just been offered a De Rosa Idol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

so... he's bought a colnago but he also wants the de rosa back, and you want to keep the de rosa but you're also thinking of buying a colnago or a cervelo.
Why?
I would have thought there wasn't enough difference between a cervelo/colnago and a de rosa to warrant having both. They're both high-end, carbon, road race bikes.
I'm just intrigued as to how the question of "which one shall I ride today" gets answered.

theories:
1) you're both trying to outdo each other
2) you're hopelessly addicted to just *buying* bikes
3) you want to keep one in the back window of your house for people passing the back to see, and another in your front window for anyone passing the front of the house to see

roadiewill

3) you want to keep one in the back window of your house for people passing the back to see, and another in your front window for anyone passing the front of the house to see

thats a good theory

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

Yes.........I was once told, you can never have enough bikes! I have a big passion for Italian bikes, quite simple. Now, regarding the De Rosa, I wasn't really in the market for a De Rosa at the time, however my friend approached me about it. He was selling it for a crazy price, so I decided to get it. Before he sold it, I did try and talk him out of selling it, however his heart was set on a Colnago. I did mention if he wanted it back, then there would be no problems. So, now he wants it back because he feels he didn't give the bike enough time in the 1st place. My thoughts are, he will keep it for a while and sell it. I won't be in the market to buy it again. Some people have a few motorcycles, cars etc, I like Italian bikes, simple. However, I don't have rooms of the bloody things! I'm am also a very kean road rider and in my day, raced to quite a high standard. So, thats why I like Italian bikes. However, I want to go for a long test ride on a Cervelo to check them out. They look lovely bikes and I'm sure they performe extremely well. The evidence is there!

Top Bottom