Just been offered a De Rosa Idol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

Yep, he's running a little late, he will be here around 2.30pm

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

derosa-idol-red01.jpg
http://www.cc-sanwa.com/images/2008derosa/derosa-idol-red02.jpghttp://www.cc-sanwa.com/images/2008derosa/derosa-idol-red03.jpg

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

Will1985 said:
Pure filth! You should be ashamed.....

...that you had to ask us in the first place if it was worth it! :biggrin:

Ah, I never asked was it worth it......I just said decision time....especially just after Christmas. Its a lovely bike!

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

Ben_3 said:
not bad for an italian bike i 'spose
£1200 and it orignially cost 3k - what's wrong with it?

Its just my mate, he's got his heart set on a Colnago

dodgy

I think you've got a good mate there, he could have shifted that for at least £2000. you can tell it's immaculate, look at the white bar tape, it's still, well, white!

bonj2

Nicensleazy said:
Its just my mate, he's got his heart set on a Colnago

just check it over, t's all i'm saying. but it's probably fine, if so you're going to benefit from his indecisiveness and impatience by the sounds of it!

I know what it's like. I once very lovingly built up a DH MTB, spent well over a grand on it, all the best bits and that, but once i'd ridden it a few times (and slogged my guts out hauling the bloody thing up a hill!) and decided pure DH wasn't for me I couldn't wait to get rid of the blasted thing, so I sold it to some bloke for £800 - he was happy - he'd got a mint bike for a bargain price, and i was happy 'cos i could start shopping for the more all-round mtb that i did want. (mtb tip: dh bikes are great for dh, but they're bloody crap at anything else :headshake:.)

bonj2

why does he like colnagos but doesn't like de rosa though - is there something one can do that the other can't, or is he just a tart?

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

Ben, I think you could be right on the Tart front about him. It was funny, I did try and talk him round about the De Rosa and urged him to keep it. But, his mind was set. So I bought it. I think he's picking up a Colnago during the week.

Top Bottom