Just been offered a De Rosa Idol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

Nicensleazy said:
derosa-idol-red01.jpg

So is this a picture of the bike you bought or not? Looks unused, the tyres also look like they've never seen tarmac.

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

No, this is not the bike I have, this is a picture of a De Rosa Idol in red, I thought that was explained some posts ago. Anyhow, he's not long owned it, so its not far off!

dodgy

Nicensleazy said:
No, this is not the bike I have, this is a picture of a De Rosa Idol in red, I thought that was explained some posts ago. Anyhow, he's not long owned it, so its not far off!

Nope, someone other than you speculated that the picture was not your bike, but you didn't confirm it either way (and you're the only one that would know if it was yours or not). I assumed that you posting a picture of a De Rosa at about the time you were expecting it would indeed be the picture of your bike (a reasonable assumption I think :headshake: ).

Anyway, you've got yourself a billy bargain there, how about some pictures of the actual bike?

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

Yes, I'll take some during the week and post. To be honest, I don't think he's used it much as the tape is in very good condition. Funny, I didn't have it in mind to buy another bike as I'm happy with my Pinarello and I have also just bought a BMC frame which I'm making up with odds and sods.

amrushton

Nicensleazy said:
Ben, I think you could be right on the Tart front about him. It was funny, I did try and talk him round about the De Rosa and urged him to keep it. But, his mind was set. So I bought it. I think he's picking up a Colnago during the week.

At least he's consistent in liking Far East bikes dressed up as Italian bikes - probably better than what De Rosa/Colnago would do on their own.

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

amrushton said:
At least he's consistent in liking Far East bikes dressed up as Italian bikes - probably better than what De Rosa/Colnago would do on their own.

The De Rosa Idol is made in Milan!

amrushton

Is it? It still bears similarities to a lot of F-East bikes (nothing wrong with F-East bikes by the way)

http://allanti.com/page.cfm?PageID=328

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

My friend now wants the bike back..........he feels that perhaps he didn't give it a chance. And yes, he has bought a Colnago. So if he doesn't change his mind, he's picking it up next week! I was tempted to put the price up, just to see his reaction!

dodgy

Talk him out of it, extol the virtues of De Rosa over Colnago (I can't think of any right now, but you get the idea).

giant man

You're having a laugh mate! And anyway, your mate has got the right idea of choosing a Colnago (depends which model of course) over an Idol. I should know I have ridden one.

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

Horses for courses mate. He's picking it up at the weekend. I'm not really that fussed. I have been offered a cracking deal on a Colnago EPS 09 frame. However, might look at a Cervelo.

Top Bottom