Just been questioned by the plod over 'driving erratically'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
About 30 years ago driving home from work at midnight I was pulled over and the very young officer told me it was because I hadn't made eye contact with them as I drove past the static police car! I explained to him that might be because I had been driving a police car for the previous eight hours. As I said this his tutor constable walked over saw it was me and went off chortling to himself.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
About 30 years ago driving home from work at midnight I was pulled over and the very young officer told me it was because I hadn't made eye contact with them as I drove past the static police car! I explained to him that might be because I had been driving a police car for the previous eight hours. As I said this his tutor constable walked over saw it was me and went off chortling to himself.
Why would anyone 'look' at a police car if they weren't doing anything 'wrong'. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Think i might buy myself an old plod mobile and a 'tit' helmet. Will the plod stop me i wonder? 🧐 🤔

1622398099217.png

1622398173839.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Mens-Police-Firefighter-Costume-Helmets/155349/bn_79438730

Drago

Legendary Member
Accy, have you considered buying a tit helmet, and old fashioned tunic and cloak, and waiting until its really foggy before riding past the local nick on your Raleigh 3 speed while making ghostly "wwwooooooooooooooohhh..." noises?

Accy, have you considered buying a tit helmet, and old fashioned tunic and cloak, and waiting until its really foggy before riding past the local nick on your Raleigh 3 speed while making ghostly "wwwooooooooooooooohhh..." noises?

He could relive the documentary about the phantom raspberry blower of old London Town. "Ere, I wanna word with you" raassp.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
My son used to get pulled over regularly north of Glasgow when he was going home from work late at night after arriving at Glasgow airport from Germany. They were actually looking for drug carriers but he had no bother stopping to get checked. It may be his oldish "airport car" made them suspicious.

Fastpedaller

Then they'll stop you for not keeping your eyes on the road.

20 years ago I was about to leave the roundabout into the site where I worked, when a mini in front drove straight into the car in front of it. i carried on into my place of work, and about 100 yards along the Police came up behind me with lights and sirens. I stopped, officer came over, so I said "is there something wrong?" to which he replied "did you see what happened back there?" I replies "yes, didn't you? " His response " We were looking at the floor of the car when it happened" :ohmy: They were on my left in the sliproad adjoining the roundabout.

Top Bottom