just been told my job for today is ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
ok after the 3 of us had spent just over an hour and half here is the reults of all that hardwork !!

small.jpg

snorri

Legendary Member
ok after the 3 of us had spent just over an hour and half here is the reults of all that hardwork !!
Perhaps you could have put a bicycle leaning against it to give us an idea of scale?:rolleyes:

^_^

colly

Re member eR
The 'old' fake tree was beyond redemption so Mrs C went off and for 30 small ones we have a new fake tree. I have to say it is remarkable how fake realistic it looks.

edited by her indoors

paul04

Über Member
A couple of years ago I spent quite a few months tiding the loft out, and somehow I sort of lost the decorations for the tree(I think they ended up at the tip)
so this is all I could find.
poorlittletree.jpg

snorri

Legendary Member
its aprox 6 inches tall but the real finished item is shown below at just over 6ft . shame about the tipsy picture next to it
6 inches to 6 feet in one afternoon, magic:biggrin:

bah humbug .......
The perfect word!!

SWMBO had me dragging all of that festive crap from under eaves of the attic yesterday afternoon:angry:
My offer to leave it all in there till it all crumples to dust, or take it to the local landfill site wasn't approved:rolleyes:

And to 'put the tin-hat on it', when I got back from work this afternoon all of the crap was up:cursing:

Now.... does anyone know where I can get an advent calendar that counts down to when I can gleefully tear it all down & shove that ghastly tree through a shredder?????

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We went bonkers yesterday and bought a new pretend tree, a 3 footer and its up, decorated and on the shelf over the fish tank. We have our Nativity around it but somebody (Mentioning no names but he's a black greyhound) at our angels so we have new angels hanging off the tree over the nativity stable. Our star won't fit on top on account of the roof being so low so the tree top is folded over and the star is hanging near to the top.
We have got 3 whole Christmas cards and they are on the back wall.

This is the earliest that we have ever put our decs up, but as our Church had the carol service today and Advent Sunday was last week, we though that we would start early.

D

Deleted member 1258

our decorations and tree went up Friday, the family tradition is decorate the place the weekend before my birthday, I put the light net in the front window tonight, only took 5 minutes, but I had to spend half an hour untangling it before I put it up.

defy-one

our tree went up yesterday.... it was a strangely therapeutic activity for me and the good lady...... our teenagers assisted with their usual enthusiasm by sitting through the "family" activity

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Do you use a brush? Close ups if you do please :biggrin:

Last night our sons were round for a Sunday dinner. The older one recovered the Christmas stuff from the loft. In conversation he mentioned that he needed to buy himself a new fake tree as he'd used his last one as a toilet brush in an attempt to remove a blockage. His attempts had failed and he couldn't bring himself to sanitise the soiled branches.

I'd have loved to have had pictures of that incident.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Tree up, with I think new lights on (seemed to be far too neatly packed into the box to have been used so I guess I bought them in the sales after Christmas last year). However I have misplaced the box with all the decorations in - so it looks fairly bare when the lights aren't switched on. Today's goal - hunt the decorations box!!!

Top Bottom