just cleaned my mouse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
bit bored at work so took the ball out of my mouse & cleaned it!It was full of fluff & crumbs etc! I think it works better than the device they use in the indian reasaurants to pick up the bits of leftover rice & poppadums :blush:

bonj2

Campaign for an optical one.

Arch

Married to Night Train
gary r said:
bit bored at work so took the ball out of my mouse & cleaned it!It was full of fluff & crumbs etc! I think it works better than the device they use in the indian reasaurants to pick up the bits of leftover rice & poppadums :blush:

Ah, don't clean it too often. It's a valuable emergency food resource in case you ever get trapped in the office by floodwater/stampeding elephants...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Arch said:
Ah, don't clean it too often. It's a valuable emergency food resource in case you ever get trapped in the office by floodwater/stampeding elephants...

Trapped in the office by stampeding elephants? Does this happen much in Yorkshire?

Anyway, elephants are scared of mice, so you'd be safe enough.:blush:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm a uni lecturer, and most of my "academic" colleagues are as thick as two short planks. The number of morons I've heard phoning IT services and complaining that their mouse doesn't work, then being supplied with a new one, beggars belief (and the taxpayers' pockets!!). Open it, clean it...duh! What do these people do at home, ffs! :blush:
Rant over. As you were, now, there's nothing more to see.....:biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Fnaar said:
I'm a uni lecturer, and most of my "academic" colleagues are as thick as two short planks. The number of morons I've heard phoning IT services and complaining that their mouse doesn't work, then being supplied with a new one, beggars belief (and the taxpayers' pockets!!). Open it, clean it...duh! What do these people do at home, ffs! :biggrin:
Rant over. As you were, now, there's nothing more to see.....xx(
I used to get really fed up of using other people's dirty mice on the odd occasion when I had to work at their desks. It always amazed me how many people who'd got their heads round doing a BSc, MSc or even a PhD couldn't work out what was wrong. I'd end up cleaning the damn things myself.

As Bonj indicated, the real solution is to use an optical mouse. The problem is when you have to use a computer in a library, internet cafe or other public building and it not only has a filthy ball mouse, but the damn ball compartment has been superglued shut to stop evil little scrotes nicking the ball :blush:!

ChrisW

gary r said:

Bit bored at work? You're lucky you've got a dirty mouse to clean, mine's already clean, so what do i do???:biggrin:

I've stared out of the window already today...

Maybe i could dig the fluff out from under my nails.

Roll on 5 o'clock, at least i can cycle home, yippee...

OP
OP
G

gary r

Guru
ChrisW said:
Bit bored at work? You're lucky you've got a dirty mouse to clean, mine's already clean, so what do i do???:blush:

I've stared out of the window already today...

Maybe i could dig the fluff out from under my nails.

Roll on 5 o'clock, at least i can cycle home, yippee...

Try turning your keyboard upside down & giving it a good shake!!!! Releases lots of dust/crumbs/fingernail clippings/biscuit crumbs etc!!!

ChrisW

gary r said:
Try turning your keyboard upside down & giving it a good shake!!!! Releases lots of dust/crumbs/fingernail clippings/biscuit crumbs etc!!!

COOL IDEA! Passes the time AND a FREE lunch...:blush:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Phil said:
What exactly is a laser mouse?

It's like a regular mouse, but it uses a beam of light to slice its cheese...

ColinJ, Fnaar - being 'brainy' enough to have a BSc, an MSc and a PhD doesn't automatically make you remotely sensible enough to cope with the real world... In fact, sometimes (Not in my case, I hasten to add) that higher the ladder you get, the dumber...

Damn! I hear the elephants stampeding outside the office again! And I cleaned the mouse out last week! I'll starve!

col

Legendary Member
I got an optical mouse because of just that problem,jerky movements,sometimes it just stopped on screen(the arrow)when a good clean was needed,never looked back,brilliant thing.

Arch

Married to Night Train
col said:
I got an optical mouse because of just that problem,jerky movements,sometimes it just stopped on screen(the arrow)when a good clean was needed,never looked back,brilliant thing.

Yeah, and then you get a tiny wisp of fibre from a fleece or something in the 'eye' of your mouse and get the same symptoms and can't work it out for ages...:blush:

col

Legendary Member
Arch said:
Yeah, and then you get a tiny wisp of fibre from a fleece or something in the 'eye' of your mouse and get the same symptoms and can't work it out for ages...:blush:

Glad you told me that,ta very muchly:biggrin:hasnt happened yet,but i know where ill be looking if it does now.

Top Bottom