Just completed LEJOG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CafGriff

^_^ OK Matie Peeps!!
I'm on the scrounge and the borrow! :eek:
I'm making my Christmas List up for ther family to buysome these lovely things for Dec 25th, and apart from Smellies, the odd Ferrarie and the must have pony .... :cheers:
I have made a listing of SUSTRANS' maps and have jotted down map ref; 6126 - Cornwall map / 6118 - Devon map / 6116 - Somerset Levels map and 6374 Herefordshire and Worchester map.:hyper:
I'm also interested in getting 6375 - Shropshire and Staffordshire map / 5444 - the 3 Lake district / and the The Sustrans category 11 - Scotland map.:bicycle:
If any of you luck people have these maps kicking around and taking up your sock drawspace, could i purchase - borrow - have -
( not sure how I will get to know where U guys live but I'm sure we can work something out ) :blink:
If I am borrowing these vital lifelines, I shall deliver them back by 1st class post or over the counter when we meet for a drink in your local, if you guys are on route (s) Ha!!:biggrin:

got me thinking now CafGriff !

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
^_^ OK Matie Peeps!!
I'm on the scrounge and the borrow! :eek:
I'm making my Christmas List up for ther family to buysome these lovely things for Dec 25th, and apart from Smellies, the odd Ferrarie and the must have pony .... :cheers:
I have made a listing of SUSTRANS' maps and have jotted down map ref; 6126 - Cornwall map / 6118 - Devon map / 6116 - Somerset Levels map and 6374 Herefordshire and Worchester map.:hyper:
I'm also interested in getting 6375 - Shropshire and Staffordshire map / 5444 - the 3 Lake district / and the The Sustrans category 11 - Scotland map.:bicycle:
If any of you luck people have these maps kicking around and taking up your sock drawspace, could i purchase - borrow - have -
( not sure how I will get to know where U guys live but I'm sure we can work something out ) :blink:
If I am borrowing these vital lifelines, I shall deliver them back by 1st class post or over the counter when we meet for a drink in your local, if you guys are on route (s) Ha!!:biggrin:

I'm afraid I don't have any of the Sustrans maps as yet. If it helps at all for planning purposes, they have an interactive map of the whole national cycle network on their website: link.

CafGriff

Could someone direct me to the advise on down loading pictures to this forum? :thumbsup:
People !! It's got to be simple instructions please??? :tongue:
I am NOT the most cleverest on the keyboard/computer milarkie!!:hyper:

OP
OP
O

Onyer

how do you ' get seperate posts??':eek:
Clck on the Lands End to John O'Groats title, but do not open any existing posts. Start a new thread with a new title and content and away you go.

Bikerta

I am also hoping to do LEJOG or JOGLE this year, but it will be during August. Like you I shall be taking my time as I am lucky enough to be working in a school, so I have most of the summer holidays. I will take between 3 and 4 weeks to complete the challenge. Common sense says to go for LEJOG, but in some ways I prefer to take the train up to Scotland and cope with the long journey from Dorset when things are still exciting. Also it is easy to book the train for the leaving date, but would rather have a little flexibility about the return journey. For me, if I have to pay the full price for the journey back from Penzance to Dorset, it's not going to cost the earth, so I could leave the booking of the train until the last few days of the trip. I would however have to book the train back from Scotland if I were to do LEJOG well in advance to reduce the costs and this would reduce any flexibility I would have.

I am hoping to camp, but would also be open to a few nights B & B or hostel if the weather turns nasty. I do however have to keep the budget down to a minimum. I am already pretty well kitted out with camping gear as I have done several tours on my motorbike and I have a Dawes Galaxy so bike is sorted. Just starting to look into routes and campsites so will be using this site a huge amount.

I will be watching your progress with much interest.

Top Bottom