Just couldn't resist it.... Just about finished

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Well having never seen a royal Enfield zephyr, 2 appear just round the corner from me. One I posted on the eBay thread which didn't sell and this is the other. Looks all original and in good condition except for a chip out of the rear mudguard. Now all I need to do is sneak it in before mrs Tony asks me to walk the dogs and finds the bike in the back of the car.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 51

shadaboot27

That is very nice!

OP
OP
Tony Raynor

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Seems to be my lucky day, seat post and stem free as a bird :-). Most of the rust on the chrome seems to be just surface so it should polish up well. I'll post some pictures once I've cleaned it.

OP
OP
Tony Raynor

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Hers how this beauty is looking now. I've run into a little trouble on the back hub but I'll post asking for advice.

Can't wait till she's finished so I can give her a run out. The gear seems to be pretty well made with only minimal pitting to chrome. I love the capo berta bars and the crank set. Saddle is a little cracked but hey it's 50-60 years old.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
Tony Raynor

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Oh and a quick piccie of the polish front wheel.
image.jpg

OP
OP
Tony Raynor

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
@Spokesmann your correct Resilion hubs they are. Was surprised to see the rear was a flip flop as well so will take a fixed gear. Not sure how that works with the Benelux derallieur but hey ho. Ordered new inner and outer cables. Once I've got the rear freewheel sorted I need to sort out the derallieur and lever. Then it's a final tape up handlebars, clean and polish and test drive.

Looking at early next week to finish if all goes well.

Top Bottom