just cycled 35 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Hi Lisa

thanks for that. I can go miles, quite honestly and not come across anyone on the footpaths. Maybe because I mainly cycle during the day, I don't know. We have very wide footpaths, which are the ones I use to get to the cycle path. I will gain confidence, I hope and be on the roads shortly.

When I was on the cycle path yesterday, I was practising my hand signals lol I must have looked a right twit if anyone saw me :blush:

Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement and advice. I have been a driver for the past 30 years so this cycling lark is getting a bit of getting used to :evil:

Lisa21

Mooching.............
HaHa, LOL...I cant do hand signals either so dont worry:biggrin:

Being a driver will honestly help you LOADS when you start riding on the road and another thing which helped me is horse riding...you soon grow eyes in the back and sides of your head and anywhere else you need them:biggrin:Helps with core strength and balance too.

You will just get more addicted every time you go out and find when your not on the bike you are really missing it and cant wait till your next ride.

Or is that just me;):evil:

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Lisa

I do ride horses also, spent my youth cycling down to the horse I used to ride, in the village I lived in, roads were quiet back then, so I did ride on the roads.

I am completely addicted to the bike, I never got out on it today, being a housewife ( and a proud one at that ) I had to do housework.

I was itching to get out though, I was not happy stuck in the house :evil:

Lisa21

Mooching.............
OMG...you sound as mad as me!!!:evil:
I cycle to see my horse and he still hasnt got the hang of me in my cycle helmet...he eyes it with great suspicion!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame you didnt get on the bike today but im sure you will tomorrow-housework has an annoying habit of getting in the way!!!!!

btw...Am SO jealous you dont work tho you lucky mare:biggrin:

Top Bottom