just cycled 35 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
I have a phobia about wasps, so when this bee hit my face, it gave me such a fright and it was creepy, it was stuck to my face :tongue:

My personal alarm certainly was no use against him anyway :laugh:

Were you on the Clackmannan cycle path then Lisa? :rolleyes: If so, yep probably the same mean bee :smile:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Lisa21 said:
HeeHee!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL:biggrin::biggrin: Forgot to tell you I saw a HUGE dragonfly too-GORGEOUS-but at least he had the decency to go round me!!

How big are we talking here?

Jane Smart said:
I have a phobia about wasps, so when this bee hit my face, it gave me such a fright and it was creepy, it was stuck to my face :rolleyes:

He was probably just saying hi and trying for a :smile:

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Well done on the miles covered jane a little more confidence and you'll break the 40 mile mark, the it's all plain sailing from there :smile:

Don't worry about the big ugly gorilla you encountered, he's proberbly got road rash on his knuckles from trailing them along the path as he walked away .. bet he would have hidden in a tree had it been a guy instead of a yourself ... how brave of him ...NOT!

I'm afraid I'll have to ring the RSPCA about the Bee though lol

Above all you enjoyed the cycling, thats the main thing no matter what happend ... good on you for that :rolleyes:

Norm

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Norman, I used to work for the SSPCA please don't tell them :rolleyes:

The guy I bumped ( well not literally you understand ) into today, was small, weedy and horrible looking. He was shouting at the top of his head, only now, am I starting to see a kind of funny side to it, thanks to the support I have had on here. It really is appreciated, all of you :smile: I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Jane Smart said:
Norman, I used to work for the SSPCA please don't tell them :laugh:

The guy I bumped ( well not literally you understand ) into today, was small, weedy and horrible looking. He was shouting at the top of his head, only now, am I starting to see a kind of funny side to it, thanks to the support I have had on here. It really is appreciated, all of you :smile: I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Isn't there a Lionel Richie song in there somewhere :tongue:
If there isn't, there bloody well should be... Yaaay - Go Lionel! :rolleyes:

EDIT: Might be Stevie Wonder

scots_lass

Good on you Jane for carrying on after that encounter with the horrible man. And a bee sting as well. And rain. But tomorrow will be better!
I have a thing about getting a wasp or bee stuck in the top of my helmet. Bet I would fall off my bike if it did!

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Thanks Scots Lass, it was not the best of cycles, but I planned to do this 35 miler yesterday and I was "geared" ( pun intended ) up in my head for it. You know what, I can still feel the straps of my helmet under my chin, even though I took it off hours ago.

I would hate a bee or wasp in my helmet too, but that would be better than what I had today. :rolleyes:

I took my bra off the other day after my cycle before my shower and there was a fly in it, poor wee thing, imagine being stuck down there and live to tell the tale :smile:

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Jane Smart said:
I
Were you on the Clackmannan cycle path then Lisa? :laugh: If so, yep probably the same mean bee :smile:

Lol, no,Im in Wales!! But I also had a run (fly?) in with a bee today...flew right down my top and I had to do an emergency stop and shake him out!!!!!!! No harm done to either of us luckily:biggrin:

Oh and SD..... it was a good 6 inches Im sure.;)

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Lisa, sorry after I posted that, I looked and saw you were in Wales ;)

Wow you were both lucky today, you and the bee, that neither were hurt :smile:

After the bee stung me, another tried to jump on my handlebars about half an hour later, you would have heard me screaming in Wales no doubt :laugh:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Jane Smart said:
I had no idea that kind of thing was out there, I would love to take some lessons, I will look into it thank you.

Have you any idea where I would find that?

:smile:

Cycling Scotland is the body which accredits cycling instructors in Scotland, they will hold a register of all the qualified instructors in Scotland, you could ask them who there is in your area.

Top Bottom