Just emailed this to National Express West Midlands...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
A well-balanced letter, too IMHO - not just slagging off the company but giving credit where it is due and with a sensible end-goal too.

:thumbsup: Mr P !

Reactions: akb

sabian92

Über Member
I have emailed companies in the past about their bad driving. It has got me nowhere.
The majority of the time I dont get a response, but I remember one who was quite rude and aggressive.
They started arguing about my road positioning and attitude towards cycling. Whereas the video I attached, showed nothing wrong with my positioning but did show the driver skid off from a junction and turn without using a signal.

Best thing to do is go to the nearest depot and ask to speak to a supervisor/manager, preferably as soon as you can.

I did that when an Arriva bus passed me within inches (literally) on a completely wide open, empty road and within a week they'd called me back and discussed it at length over the phone, taken the footage off the bus, reviewed it and punished the driver. Sometimes putting a face to a complaint helps because they know if it happens again you're 100% going to complain again and they'll know it's the same person. I'll be honest, I've had no problems with the drivers of the bus route that nearly took me off - they all give a wide berth.

Jezston

Über Member
Best thing to do is go to the nearest depot and ask to speak to a supervisor/manager, preferably as soon as you can.

I did that when an Arriva bus passed me within inches (literally) on a completely wide open, empty road and within a week they'd called me back and discussed it at length over the phone, taken the footage off the bus, reviewed it and punished the driver. Sometimes putting a face to a complaint helps because they know if it happens again you're 100% going to complain again and they'll know it's the same person. I'll be honest, I've had no problems with the drivers of the bus route that nearly took me off - they all give a wide berth.

I had a similarly good experience with Arriva last year which resulted in me having a meeting with a couple of senior Arriva staff to discuss driver behaviour around cyclists.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Yes, know that part of Birmingham well. Hope you get a good response - only rarely have trouble with Birmingham buses. Worst was when a driver opened the passenger doors whilst the bus was between stops, just as I was filtering up the inside on a marked cycle lane. It was fortunate that I wasn't a fraction of a second slower.

Your e-mails of 5th March. Reply dated ...... ?

That kind of fluff just makes me angry - for a start, where's the apology that they waited so long to deal with it that they can't view the video off the bus! A***h0les.

Top Bottom