Just finished this one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
this one has been work in progress for too long , up early this morning to do final bits and give it a maiden spin around the block , well impressed .

will do some more info later in day with a pre build pic as well

Many thanks to @Dogtrousers

unknown.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Looks nice but what is it?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It was my bike. First built by me from begged swapped and bought bits in the 70s and repeatedly rebuilt over the next 15 years before being consigned to the garage. Looking beautiful.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
By the way this bike did for a while (not any more) contain components (brake levers, saddle, rack) that used to belong to that bike. So in a weird quantum entanglement/Trigger's broom kind of way, they are the same bike.

Cue Only Fools and Horses theme merging into Twilight Zone theme.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I too have bikes where parts shuffle from one to another, normally after an upgrade that was a bargain the parts removed will be used on another. Mind I normally completely strip a couple to replace bearings and give em a proper fettle every year so its not too much of a faff as it sounds. :biggrin:
I presently have an Ultegra Hollowtech triple crank which I cannot decide what bike to put it on

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
some more pre build pics

and must admit 8 miles covered today and well impressed just need some small adjustments that include getting rid of that modern adjustable stem and replacing with a more conventional one

black frame.jpg
blackframe1.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I probably have some pics of it on tour in the 80s in a box somewhere. I'll havea dig around ... but it may take some time.

Top Bottom