Just got a New Bike

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by fossyant, 12 Feb 2008.

1. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Just got a new bike....... shame it's a bit small for me....

6000 series alloy frame, 6 gears......one happy little lad...... (he was very impressed with the v-brakes - they stop me.....) :biggrin: The bike's name suits the rider - "Maniac" :sad: :wacko::evil::ohmy:

JonathasBike.jpg

2. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Is this his first bike without stabilisers or is he well versed in the art of cycle? Either way, Chapeau and best wishes for a lifetime dancing on the pedals.

3. longers

longers Veteran

Smart looking bike :tongue:, will he growing into any of your bikes?

4. stevenb

stevenb New Member

Looks smart...suspension too....sorted!

5. OP
    OP
    fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

It's his second bike - he's 6 and has been riding on a 14" bike since he was 3 - he's been stabiliser free for about a year, but watching him bomb round the local park today on his old bike made me think it was way too small. This is a 20" wheel one so should last a fair bit.
    Now to sell the old bike.....

Daughter of 4 hardly rides her bike yet - just refuses to do it.....

6. simonali

simonali Guru

I got a new lock today and I reckon it weighs about as much as that bike (which is very cool btw)!

7. punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

Awww....it's so cute!!!! :rolleyes:

8. trio25

trio25 Über Member

That is so cute!
    I've just got a new bike as well but I can't take it out of it's box till the OH gets home.

9. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Veteran

I have the same problem with my five year old fossyant. The 8 year old has changed his name to Merckx and his eyes light up when I say we're going out on the bikes, but the six year old doesn't want to know. I've bought him a 20" but he just isn't interested. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice