Just got a steep warning.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

12boy

Guru
And ways of meaning the opposite of what is said such as "There's nothing wrong, or I am fine, or Go ahead...take the last piece of pie..) These are accompanied by the slitted eye, the gritted teeth and a scowl that would curdle buttermilk.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
My wife didn't actually say no, it is just that she can't understand the concept of having multiple bikes. As I already have three, she thinks anymore is a waste of money.

Having that money doing nothing wouldn't make you happy. Having the bike will. Using money to enable joy is not a waste, it's a very good use. So unless you are on the poverty line and buying a bike makes you both miserable / homeless etc. I can't see where this "waste" bit comes from.

Levo-Lon

Guru
My wife didn't actually say no, it is just that she can't understand the concept of having multiple bikes. As I already have three, she thinks anymore is a waste of money.

You could argue women have multiple orgasms? Did you complain:laugh:

Worth a try.....:boxing:

Having that money doing nothing wouldn't make you happy. Having the bike will. Using money to enable joy is not a waste, it's a very good use. So unless you are on the poverty line and buying a bike makes you both miserable / homeless etc. I can't see where this "waste" bit comes from.
Less wasteful than a car for sure, or the use many get put to. Mental and physical health benefits, sociable, can do the shopping/run errands. Most folk who like bikes treat them well, no reason why they can't run a lifetime, can be left in wills to folk who may well appreciate them/love them anew. Leaving many cars to folk would be bestowing a liability on them. That's how cheap bikes are.

D

Deleted member 26715

That's how cheap bikes are.
That would depend on your definition of cheap & whether you consider depreciation, if car prices tumble as the car comes off the forecourt, they plummet as the bike comes out of the bike shop.

screenman

Legendary Member

Plenty of my friends get a lot of pleasure from just having money and not spending it, I know seems odd. As a self employed person my only real security is money, so the more in the bank the less stress I have. Note, I have 6 nice bikes.

That would depend on your definition of cheap & whether you consider depreciation, if car prices tumble as the car comes off the forecourt, they plummet as the bike comes out of the bike shop.
Way less depreciation in a bike than a car. Also far more likely you will sell a car. If you choose your bikes wisely for pleasure and never sell, depreciation is irrelevant. As for mine, 2 about £1,500 (one effectively retired), various others, 3 other faves kinda £30 or less - little depreciation possible there.

D

Deleted member 26715

Way less depreciation in a bike than a car. Also far more likely you will sell a car. If you choose your bikes wisely for pleasure and never sell, depreciation is irrelevant. As for mine, 2 about £1,500 (one effectively retired), various others, 3 other faves kinda £30 or less - little depreciation possible there.
But if you tried to sell one of the £1500 ones you'd probably be lucky to get £750 50% depreciation in 2 years, that's old Skoda/Lada levels

Top Bottom