Just got this retro shopper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andrewdarcy

Hi guys. New to the forum and new to owning a retro bike! I've just picked up this slightly patina'd 1975 BSA 20 Shopper, complete with basket, rear rack, stand, dynamo powered lights front and back and working brakes and 3 speed hub!
I'm chuffed with it so far, but being new I would be interested in your opinions and suggestions on how I can improve it and generally service it. Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200907-112433_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200907-112433_eBay.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 26

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Looks pretty good to me, just a good clean up including the chain and cables.

midlife

Guru
Smart :smile: you be surprised at how sprightly they ride. There is a dedicated website for the Raleigh 20 I think. One of Raleigh's saviour bikes along with the RSW 16 and chopper lol

midlife

Guru
@midlife raleigh twenty website is no more im afraid :sad:

Thanks, didn't know it had gone. shame really as (along with the kingpin) these bikes are better than most people think to ride. The Raleigh quirks in construction aside lol.

Gunk

Guru
That’s in really nice condition, my personal approach is to completely dismantle the bike, clean and service every component (replace with NOS parts if necessary) and then build the bike back up preserving the originality and patina, you end up with a bike which retains all its original character but rides like new.

Top Bottom