Restoration twenty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The raleigh twenty was available in many guises , BSA 20, TRIUMPH 20 , PHILIPS 20 to name a few, but were built at raleigh nottingham,the one that i bought for this project started out as a 1976 BSA 20.
001.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 006.jpg
time for a make over , stripdown, degrease polish etc, my mate is a vintage drum collector and used to cleaning and polishing various metals, so off to his workshop we went.
012.jpg can you tell which one has been done 015.jpg 016.jpg

while deciding exactly which way to go with the frame it was time for some new rubber, saddle and grips
019.jpg 021.jpg

I decided that powder coating was what i wanted and stockport powder coaters duly obliged ,frame forks chainguard and two mudguards shotblasted, powdercoated for the princely sum of £50

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 224
OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
i collected the frame and was quite pleased with the results , apart from a bit of powder coat on the bottom bracket threads , (which running a 26TPI tap through soon sorted) a very good job,
so, time for rebuild,
023.jpg 025.jpg 026.jpg 027.jpg 030.jpg 032.jpg 034.jpg

time for some decals

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Nice job but I am having flashbacks to my 11th birthday when my Dad presented me with one of those as my 'new birthday bike'. All my friends had 'racers' and I got that bloomin' thing. I left it unlocked all over the place but nobody would nick it. I loathed it with a passion. I went and bought my own bike in the end, just before I was 12 by using my savings. That Raleigh Twenty had less than 40 miles on it as I refused to ride it.

Before you all think that I was a spoiled little brat, my Dad owned a bike shop and my parents knew the bike that I wanted. I used to go and polish it on Saturday mornings when I worked in his shop. Chores for a new bike was the deal.

Nice job but I am having flashbacks to my 11th birthday when my Dad presented me with one of those as my 'new birthday bike'. All my friends had 'racers' and I got that bloomin' thing. I left it unlocked all over the place but nobody would nick it. I loathed it with a passion. I went and bought my own bike in the end, just before I was 12 by using my savings. That Raleigh Twenty had less than 40 miles on it as I refused to ride it.

Before you all think that I was a spoiled little brat, my Dad owned a bike shop and my parents knew the bike that I wanted. I used to go and polish it on Saturday mornings when I worked in his shop. Chores for a new bike was the deal.
The Start of your love affair for bikes and cycling .... I had a chopper ..... bloody terrible for handling ... Deathtrap !

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer

oh now that is tight, hope you have the bike of your dreams now :bicycle:

Top Bottom