Just how bad a TT'er is Rasmussen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

NickM said:
Don't forget the sometimes miraculous effect of wearing yellow - anybody remember Vincent Barteau?

No - did he play up front for Millwall? :tongue:

Voeckler a few years ago though, he lasted a while in it.

NickM

Veteran
Tetedelacourse][quote=NickM said:
Don't forget the sometimes miraculous effect of wearing yellow - anybody remember Vincent Barteau?
No - did he play up front for Millwall? :tongue:[/quote]
Well, not as far as I know... he was the archetypal journeyman-domestique-in-a-lucky-break, but once he'd got the yellow jersey (in 1984) he held onto it for 12 days.

Although you had to admire him, everything I've read since suggests that he is not exactly a charmer, so Millwall would probably have been his team...

greenmark

Guru
peejay78 said:

Darn it - whenI looked at the link there was another Youtube clip listed as "Michael Rasmussen wins Stage 16". Bloody spoiler

Then I realised that the stage is still under way and it was another year. phew.

Blonde

They showed that youtube clip on ITV4 - the head over heels into ditch antics were particularly good. It must have hurt, but it wasn't half funny! His TT skills have obviously improved quite a bit since then!

Keith Oates

Janner
He had a very bad and unlucky day that time so his actual TT ability was not really seen. Also compared to Armstrong and Ullrich he had no chance!!!!!

Top Bottom