just ordered my first ebike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
terry_gardener

terry_gardener

Veteran
That's a relatively massive change, it certainly would make a difference for me. Good luck :okay:
went for a bike ride and felt easier but front of my knees started to hurt. also i keep sliding forward

i have now moved the seat further back and i have raised the seat some more.

i still have same issue with the pain at the top of right leg in the front

this finding seat position is awkward

Last edited:

Vinniej

So i have been researching ebikes for awhile now and i have just ordered a new ebike.
ordered a cube touring hybrid one 500 picking it up sunday.
never riden any ebike before so looking forward to see how it is.
Hi, I recently ditched the train and bought an ebike for my commute into the office.
Mod Note:
Self promoting link removed.
@Vinniej you have read the thread ... you know what happens ^_^
Welcome to Cycle Chat :welcome:

Last edited by a moderator:

jags

Guru
went for a bike ride and felt easier but front of my knees started to hurt. also i keep sliding forward

i have now moved the seat further back and i have raised the seat some more.

i still have same issue with the pain at the top of right leg in the front

this finding seat position is awkward
sound like your saddle is to far back maybe even a shoter stem hope you get it sorted sound from your posts your enjoying your new baby,im hoping to buy one in the new year but only if i get the proper size bike i heard cube are big fitting bikes.all my other bike i had were 47cm.

RichardB

Slightly retro
My ebike seems to descend hills faster than my other bikes, too. I suspect a combination of greater level/uphill speeds and greater weight, as suggested above. However, the bike is rock-solid on the road and the brakes (Tektro hydraulic discs) are the best I have ever used, so I regularly get up to 35-38 mph with no drama. After 25 mph, it's all gravity, but the bike stops with great confidence.

Cycle helmets are only designed for low-speed tumbles, by the way. If you want something to protect you in a 30 mph fall onto tarmac, you want a duly certified motorcycle helmet. Or just take care and only rip it up when the circumstances allow..

Top Bottom