Just past my CTC TRail Leaders Course

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Well after 2.5 days of Riding and Classroom work I have passed (just) my Trail Leaders Course (pending a 1st Aid Cert). I honestly thought I wouldn't be bothered one way or another but I am actually very pleased indeed. I know (re know) my areas of weakness and strength and have a great framework to build upon.

Anyone looking to do such a course I would highly recommend it :-)

Well done ! what does the coarse involve ?

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Badger.Brad - Cheers.

The course involves a mixture of classroom sessions and riding. You are expected to be able to ride a leg of a ride defining stopping points, introducing games and also present a skill session. Also you must be able to provide a 6 figure grid reference of where you are at any time. Highly technical skills are not require but you must be able to demonstrate how to climb, descend, corner, brake, use gears and control the bike at high and low speeds.

The CTC states the minimum requirements for a Trail Leader are - A candidate who is safe on non-technical terrain and who can attempt technical sections, not always successfully and who has yet to achieve fluid timing and effort efficiency.

Top Bottom