Just sent off my C2W documents :D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

little_tiny_kev

hi guys! new user... just signed and sent my C2W gear off today and cant wait to get my voucher through :biggrin:

I havent cycled since I was about 16 (and then it was a bit of chavving about the high street on a BMX lol)!

my commute is 11 miles down hill on the way out and up hill all the way home going from altitude of 200 feet above sea level down to around 30 feet above sea level. I am a regular gym bunny but I am concentrating on the cycling machines until I get the bike to help build my muscle stamina in my legs. When I get the bike im going to do a bit of training to make sure Im not gunna need to get the bus home 3 miles in lol.

ive decided to go for a roady. I didnt want to spend a rediculous amount of cash on my first racer so Ive went for a Carrera Vanquish. With the saving you get on C2W and it really isnt a bad deal! its got carbon forks, shimano wheels and gears, etc, etc.

I work for Halfords as a Sales Manager (dont hate me :tongue:) and ive read on here some horror stories about assembly quality... My CyTech trained mechanic will be building my stead... and im the gaffa so I know itll be right :biggrin: I do know not all stores have a high standard of PDI, and I am not going to even attempt to defend the poor stores, but I would like to think its a minority rather than majority... maybe I'm just biased lol :tongue:

anyways, I thought I'd say hello, any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
ive decided to go for a roady. I didnt want to spend a rediculous amount of cash on my first racer so Ive went for a Carrera Vanquish. With the saving you get on C2W and it really isnt a bad deal! its got carbon forks, shimano wheels and gears, etc, etc.

As your a manager i can ask why don`t halfords do a Vanquish in a small?
the medium is a 56 cm which is too big for me, your losing sales by not stocking a 54 cm frame .

Anyway ....

Welcome to the forums and enjoy the bike !!

corshamjim

Well done, and welcome!

When I first started commuting some years ago I would often 'cheat' and take a taxi if it was raining. I only really found some useable wet weather gear though when I took up commuting again a couple of years ago and determined to ride every day. So my advice is 'no excuses' ride every day and you'll learn strategies to cope in all weathers - skills which will come in handy for any longer rides you might want to do at weekends and holidays.

It sounds like you'll have no problems with bicycle maintenance. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
L

little_tiny_kev

As your a manager i can ask why don`t halfords do a Vanquish in a small?
the medium is a 56 cm which is too big for me, your losing sales by not stocking a 54 cm frame .

Anyway ....

Welcome to the forums and enjoy the bike !!

the Vanquish in a medium is a 54cm, which (try not to get confused here) is actually a 52cm frame with the geomotry of a 54cm frame in order to help us shorties. they call it a "semi compact frame" I dont know if this is a term they have 'invented' or if it used more widely within the cycling community :smile: the TDF, Virtuoso and Vanquish all have this style of frame.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId_272647_langId_-1_categoryId_165710#dtab

All I can suggest is the store you were in browsing misled you, probably a newer / inexperienced colleague who just agreed when you asked if it was a medium. The way to get the most out of your local Halfords stores (most people live within 20 minutes of at least 2 stores) is ask to speak to a mechanic, or just fire off a few questions you already know the answer to. If the colleague cant get these right dont shop there, simple! A good sales assistant should be able to acquire the correct answer even if they dont know it, simply by finding the man (or woman) in the know.

hope I was of help to you... and remember, were not all bad at our job :tongue: SOME of us take a massive amount of pride in what we do :smile:

OP
OP
L

little_tiny_kev

Well done, and welcome!

When I first started commuting some years ago I would often 'cheat' and take a taxi if it was raining. I only really found some useable wet weather gear though when I took up commuting again a couple of years ago and determined to ride every day. So my advice is 'no excuses' ride every day and you'll learn strategies to cope in all weathers - skills which will come in handy for any longer rides you might want to do at weekends and holidays.

It sounds like you'll have no problems with bicycle maintenance. :thumbsup:

hi cheers mate, im not too bad with the old allen keys and tyre levers myself, but i'll probably just invest 20 quid in a bike care plan and my mechainics can do all my maintenance, my stead will be gettin serviced once a week free of charge on one of those little beauties :tongue:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
From your own website ..

Medium bottom bracket to top tube = 51cm which is equivalent to our standard 56cm frame....

Don`t get me wrong i have a tdf and a virtuosso and they are great bikes and our local mechanic is a keen mtber and knows his stuff :smile:

OP
OP
L

little_tiny_kev

From your own website ..

Medium bottom bracket to top tube = 51cm which is equivalent to our standard 56cm frame....

Don`t get me wrong i have a tdf and a virtuosso and they are great bikes and our local mechanic is a keen mtber and knows his stuff :smile:

lol I stand corrected :tongue: they are doing a full refresh of the Carrera brand at the minute though, and I did notice a Vanquish 2011 on the computer system, so you never know... it might have been noted in trading feedback and may make an appearence.

and btw, Im the guy who has to go find the man in the know usually hahaha

Top Bottom