Just started commuting again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirtyhanz2

18 miles each way love it perfect bike for me

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Well done!

I strongly suggest you reverse the bike in and lock the rear triangle of the frame! Or better yet, fold it and keep it under your desk or in a locker. That looks like a decent D lock (probably tougher than the pathetic wheelbender stand it is locked to!) but only the front wheel of that bike is locked and while it may be a nuisance for someone to remove what looks like an electric front wheel, a Brompton frame will be worth them nicking.

OP
OP
D

Dirtyhanz2

Well done!

I strongly suggest you reverse the bike in and lock the rear triangle of the frame! Or better yet, fold it and keep it under your desk or in a locker. That looks like a decent D lock (probably tougher than the pathetic wheelbender stand it is locked to!) but only the front wheel of that bike is locked and while it may be a nuisance for someone to remove what looks like an electric front wheel, a Brompton frame will be worth them nicking.
Yes its electric brompton it's in a locked gated carpark and patrolled by gate security I would love to bring it in not allowed to even folded
Will put back end in first thanks for the tip

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yes its electric brompton it's in a locked gated carpark and patrolled by gate security I would love to bring it in not allowed to even folded
Will put back end in first thanks for the tip
Not even in a carry bag? Anyway, I hope that locking the frame is enough to stop most attempts, that security is as good as you say and, if not, that they have CCTV and that insurance of some sort (yours or theirs) would cover a theft.

I hope the ride is more enjoyable than the parking anyway :smile:

OP
OP
D

Dirtyhanz2

ah! how long did it take?
I have been doing for 3 weeks now when I started it took an 1 hour 22 mins now got it down to 1 hour 12 mins
I am finding it much easier than I thought I would
I was a bit doubtful on how good the electric bike would be when I first started it's the wife's bike the car was in the garage for some work so I just borrowed it
I dont see any reason why I would go back to the car it is made such a difference to my well being I think it's an amazing bit of kit

DSK

Absolutely hats off to you and glad you enjoyed it. I would also up the security a bit as that's probably worth the same or more than typical second hand cars.

JhnBssll

Veteran
I always feel better after a cycle commute but mine is only half that distance, great work :okay: I barely use my little Brompton, starting to consider selling it but know I would regret it :smile:

Top Bottom