Just trod on a bee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Poor bee. Unfortunately it's their natural reaction to siting.
That's how the singer in The Police got his name so you're in good company.

Last edited:

Kryton521

Über Member
Did that years ago. Poor bee, stung me in/on the joint area of the big toe as I was hanging out my washing. Foot swelled up enough that I couldn't get a cycling shoe on so the days activities were cancelled.

The bee died.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
By coincidence,i was only thinking today about the 'humongous' bees that came in my flat 2 years ago when we had the cherry blossom fortnight,as i call it. Heck,some were about what seemed like 3 inch long!:ohmy: This year and last year i didn't see one in my flat,not even any buzzing round the blossom on the trees outside.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Found this lovely chap a couple of weeks ago in my garden, on the lid of my water butt; fortunately not a place I tread barefoot!
Reckon it's a European hornet. Dead, obvs (phew).

Thought my better half would be excited to see it but her only comment was "Where did get that old coin?"
1590601311574.png

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Poor bee indeed - shoot sandwiches for all concerned :sad:

Found this lovely chap a couple of weeks ago in my garden, on the lid of my water butt; fortunately not a place I tread barefoot!
Reckon it's a European hornet. Dead, obvs (phew).

Thought my better half would be excited to see it but her only comment was "Where did get that old coin?"
View attachment 525438
I found myself on the wrong end of one of these a while ago; the bugger had taken a liking to the inside of a T-shirt I'd hung from a curtain rail to air. I grabbed the shirt, along with its uninvited guest - not a pleasant experience :rolleyes:

I think it was / was trying to nest in the wall / roof near the window and actually came back again; at which point I trapped it and was going to retaliate with a slipper. However, after some research it was ID'd as a European Hornet, which are apparently endangered (thanks to the spread of the more prolific Asian flavour) so after half an hour harassing it with my macro setup I let it go :smile:

Top Bottom