Just walk away and hope no one notices.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Outside my gaf on Tuesday morning, bin lorry backs into my garden wall and the operatives just walk away.

@26 seconds you can see cloud of brick dust.

IMG_5230.JPG
IMG_5231.JPG

Last edited:

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Outside my gaf on Tuesday morning, bin lorry backs into my garden wall and the operatives just walk away.

If they walked away and left the bin lorry there you should impound it ...

BTW your link isn't viewable without a sign-in.

Noru

The video works for me. What's the damage to your wall like?

Nice quality video that I'm tempted, wish I had one for when the scaffolder dented my motorcycle in our back yard.

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The video works for me. What's the damage to your wall like?

Nice quality video that I'm tempted, wish I had one for when the scaffolder dented my motorcycle in our back yard.

Added a couple of photos to OP, it's worse than it looks.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'd phone their depot and make sure the vehicle is checked for damage.

Noru

Added a couple of photos to OP, it's worse than it looks.
Have you contacted the council about it, the bin lorry insurance should cover any repairs. They'd be quick to claim for property damage if the shoe was on the other foot, well at least our council would.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Have you contacted the council about it, the bin lorry insurance should cover any repairs. They'd be quick to claim for property damage if the shoe was on the other foot, well at least our council would.

Yes done all that and waiting for a brick layer to quote. None of it's a big deal really, but what has incurred my displeasure is that no one from Biffa has offered an apology, and that the operatives just buggered off without notifying us. The banksman even looks at the house to see if anyone is watching.

First world problem really, I should've posted it in Mundane News.

Top Bottom