just wanted to say..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wee_lass

how lovely it is to find such a friendly and helpful forum.

their aint many decent online communities around

and so far i have been impressed with the lovely welcome and advice i have recieved here.

well done guys!

thanx

starryJS.gif

HelenD123

Guru
You're welcome wee_lass! Keep us updated on the bike purchase and don't be afraid to keep asking questions.

yenrod

Dayvo said:
If you hang around long enough, you'll be one of us (old hands). Cos all of us at one stage were one of you (newbie).

Now, Day - we just moved over and hijacked this place and Shaun thought it was good at 1st... ;)

Nah seriously Wee' it alright here but you can get it all here: helps if your a bit of a smarty pants though...

PS - if you wanna join the radicals ask Arbitrary OR if you want to be taken care of by a Gentleman (the clicque & associates) ask Pat Stevens ! :biggrin:

yenrod said:
Now, Day - we just moved over and hijacked this place and Shaun thought it was good at 1st... :biggrin:

Nah seriously Wee' it alright here but you can get it all here: helps if your a bit of a smarty pants though...

PS - if you wanna join the radicals ask Arbitrary OR if you want to be taken care of by a Gentleman (the clicque & associates) ask Pat Stevens ! :ohmy:

:ohmy:

Nice one, Yenners! Made me chuckle, it did! ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not a bad place, just brace yourself if you go into Politics and Life !!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Hi wee lass and welcome to the House of Knowledge !

Whereaboots in sunny Scotland are you ? There are quite a few of us north o' the Border on here - and someone might be able to point you in the direction of a good local bike shop (lbs).

If you haven't already, check out the 'sticky' at the head of the Beginners section, which lists various recommended lbs (lbss?). If there isn't one near you, get back on here and ask ! :biggrin:

Then, once you have your bike, sign up for then Pedal for Scotland Glasgow-Edinburgh ride in September (link here). It might seem like a long way but
a) it's something to aim for :smile:
B) last year there were lots of youngsters doing it, even in the pouring rain ! :wacko:
c) you've got some/lots of time to get some/lots of miles into your legs :eek:

I'm interested to see that you have 2 child seats but no bike.
Do you have a child to go in the seat yet ?? :tongue::blush:

;))

postman

Legendary Member
Welcome to you from sunny Yorkshire well today at least.Ask and you shall receive,some great advice nothing is too trivial.We have all been there.Keep an eye out for the jersey when it gets into your area.So you could sign it.

OP
OP
wee_lass

wee_lass

scoosh said:
Hi wee lass and welcome to the House of Knowledge !

Whereaboots in sunny Scotland are you ? There are quite a few of us north o' the Border on here - and someone might be able to point you in the direction of a good local bike shop (lbs).

If you haven't already, check out the 'sticky' at the head of the Beginners section, which lists various recommended lbs (lbss?). If there isn't one near you, get back on here and ask ! ;)

Then, once you have your bike, sign up for then Pedal for Scotland Glasgow-Edinburgh ride in September (link here). It might seem like a long way but
a) it's something to aim for :smile:
B) last year there were lots of youngsters doing it, even in the pouring rain ! :wacko:
c) you've got some/lots of time to get some/lots of miles into your legs :eek:

I'm interested to see that you have 2 child seats but no bike.
Do you have a child to go in the seat yet ?? :blush::biggrin:

;))

I live not too far from Glasgow.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
There are quite a few folks on here who live on your side of the country.
Invite them to recommend an LBS......
... and you'll be nicely near the start of the PfS :angry::biggrin: !

Top Bottom