Just what you need at 4.45am..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
.. a flat front tyre as you're about to leave for work,1st thought was 'bugger!! where's the car keys) then set about fixing it and was on my way at 4.56am:biggrin:
Luckily no more incidents on way in or may have been late,thorn had worked it's way thru the tread (assuming yesterday) 2nd p**cture with my Conti 4 seasons in 1000 miles is this about normal?

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I think punctures are pretty much inevitable when you use the bike a lot!

I use Continental Grand Prix 4000 tyres, I have had about 6 punctures in two years on them. I think that's pretty good!

vorsprung

Veteran
2 in 1000 miles seems a bit high for conti 4 Seasons
But they are more of a "fast" tyre than a "bomb proof" tyre

The back marathon plus on my winter commute bike has done over 10,000km , no punctures.
But it weights an imperial pound more than a conti 4 Season

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
potsy said:
.. a flat front tyre as you're about to leave for work,1st thought was 'bugger!! where's the car keys) then set about fixing it and was on my way at 4.56am:biggrin:
Luckily no more incidents on way in or may have been late,thorn had worked it's way thru the tread (assuming yesterday) 2nd p**cture with my Conti 4 seasons in 1000 miles is this about normal?

Spesh armadillos, = 1 visit in 1500 miles'ish ..but plenty of debris stuck in the tyres when i reach my destination, so they are doing their job well

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
vorsprung said:
2 in 1000 miles seems a bit high for conti 4 Seasons
But they are more of a "fast" tyre than a "bomb proof" tyre

The back marathon plus on my winter commute bike has done over 10,000km , no punctures.
But it weights an imperial pound more than a conti 4 Season
I run M+ on the hybrid so can vouch for their resistance(0 in 3000 miles) and weight, no deflations as yet,am still looking for best solution on the lighter bike,might try the Durano+ next as they seem to be the best compromise although not spoken to anybody that uses them.
Can cope with the odd 1,6 months ago i would have sacked it for the day and used the car,but my new found determination meant I really wanted to cycle in,+ the weathers been great and I would have felt guilty all day.

D

Deleted member 1258

Doesn't matter what the time is the flat tyre when you get the bike out to ride to work is always a sod. Happened to me a few weeks back, 7:20am, got to be in work at 8am six and a half miles away, inner tube split around the valve base. been using bontrager race lite hardcases since last October and that was my first deflation.

jonny jeez said:
Spesh armadillos, = 1 visit in 1500 miles'ish ..but plenty of debris stuck in the tyres when i reach my destination, so they are doing their job well

Best to check for debris.I do after a 7 day stint or five or whatever.Cuts it down even more.

That's if you don't already.Damn I gotta check my front tyre.

potsy said:
i would have sacked it for the day and used the car,but my new found determination meant I really wanted to cycle in,+ the weathers been great and I would have felt guilty all day.

I now have three bikes and no car so no problem there.

The 445 or earlier commutes are great and perfect for the fixie.I have a load of 9am's coming up next.:smile:

Top Bottom