Justice!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
Out earlier doing some shopping (less than a mile return).

I was near the centre of a quiet minor road, carefully dodging the potholes.

Female driver decided she just HAD to go past me. Clearance about 30mm

Then there was a very loud bang. Her right hand rear wheel had gone down a very deep pot hole (her wheel must have been touching the kerb to do it). The scraping noise as she stopped, with the RH side of her car drooped over the wheel, was painful.

I slowed down and crawled past as she got out. I couldn't resist saying "The Highway Code does say you should allow cyclists the same amount of room as a car, you know".

:smile::biggrin::evil::smile::smile::evil::girl::laugh:

If I put down what she called me Shaun will throw me off CC, but I'm male so don't own one, evil or otherwise.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Sounds expensive, but at least she hit the hole and didn't swerve into you to when she spotted it at the last minute.

I think I may have recommended fillthathole as I went passed. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Davidc

Davidc

Guru
mcshroom said:
Sounds expensive, but at least she hit the hole and didn't swerve into you to when she spotted it at the last minute.

I think I may have recommended fillthathole as I went passed. :biggrin:

Yes - fortunately she was already past me.

All the holes in that bit of road have paint round them, so the council must know about them, and the roads here are steadily getting mended.

OP
OP
Davidc

Davidc

Guru
User76 said:
A pothole? In Somerset? Are you sure?:biggrin:

Some of the ones across the levels on my way to work are less like potholes, more like a portal to Australia:ohmy:

Round your way they charge people to go into them. There's even a witch living in one near Wells. :biggrin:

ShinyF1

User76 said:
A pothole? In Somerset? Are you sure?:biggrin:

Some of the ones across the levels on my way to work are less like potholes, more like a portal to Australia:ohmy:

Thurloxton, Broomfield outside Taunton - potholes badgers can hide in..

Lethal when waterfilled over Easter weekend

Top Bottom