Kaffenback 2 brake cables

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fatjel

Veteran
Just got new frame and can't figure out how to fit the brake cables.. Has guides on the frame which look ideal for fixing hydraulic pipes but I've gone for mechanical .

Planet x sell them with cable discs so presumably I'm being stupid.

Have googled and no one else seems to have the same issues cepting with cantis

planet x didn't get back to me so be cool if someone could explain or post some nice pics of a kaff 2s brake cables

U

User33236

It is not just tubing to use for threading cable inners through so they exit at the right point?

OP
OP
fatjel

fatjel

Veteran
No it's not set up for internal cables.. The gear ones are same as always.
There's no cable stops for the brakes is the real issue.

OP
OP
fatjel

fatjel

Veteran
Yeah that's kinda what I'm thinking.. can get a cable stop that fixes to the seatpost clamp and cable tie the front.
and cable tie the front but it won't be pretty . I'm assuming px can do better lol

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Is it not just a full outer that's needed which will slot through all the guides?
Yes

There are no guides.. Front and rear mechs are normal but theres nothin for the brakes.
Yes there is. The cable outer or hydraulic hose sit in a little ident in these. A cable tie secures
FRPXKBD2_P1.jpg

OP
OP
fatjel

fatjel

Veteran
@ User33236 Really ? I have On One forks on my mtb and theres nothing on there either.
Hydraulic pipe is cable tied on..

U

User33236

This image shows the rear cable running on the underside of the top tube and fitting down seat s
@ User33236 Really ? I have On One forks on my mtb and theres nothing on there either.
Hydraulic pipe is cable tied on..
The cables on my CX were full outer all the way to the rear brake. It fitted to the tabs on the top tube similar to those marked in the photo posted by T.M.H.N.E.T and was secured down the seat stay. Unfortunately I stripped it to a bare frame this morning following its crash or I'd have photographed it.

OP
OP
fatjel

fatjel

Veteran
T.M.H.N.E.T Yeah that makes sense.. I dismissed that idea early on.. Said I was stupid lol

Gonna need another bit of cable outer too

Thanks all ..

Top Bottom