Kajsa Tylen: The Billie Dovey 81 miles a day progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
A Year in the Saddle - Kajsa Tylen's 2016 Cycling WR Attempt
Page Liked · 51 mins ·

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!! Distance of 52,025.09 km verified by Guinness World Records, makes me a Guinness World Record holder!! —
1-hGgi4m-rS.png
celebrating a Guinness World Record.

Kajsa.png

A Year in the Saddle - Kajsa Tylen's 2016 Cycling WR Attempt
Page Liked · 51 mins ·

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!! Distance of 52,025.09 km verified by Guinness World Records, makes me a Guinness World Record holder!! — View attachment 333560 celebrating a Guinness World Record.

View attachment 333558
Amazing achievement...really well done!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Entirely appropriate and richly deserved.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It's worth noting that Kajsa is no longer on the Guinness website as they've gone over to wholesale recognition of the UMCA - which was is something that was probably going to happen as soon as they recognised Kurt's record last year, and would have happened sooner had Kajsa not stood up to them.

Oddly enough, Amanda is down as the holder of the UMCA record (overall), Kurt of the UMCA record (Male), but the UMCA record (Female) is still vacant, giving me the sneaky suspicion that Guinness' picnic does not have the requisite number of sandwiches.

I guess the only reason Kajsa managed to get awarded the record in the first place was by taking advantage of the fact that Guinness are a bunch of eejits, and then by forcing them to stick to their rules when they tried to wriggle out of them. However I do think Guinness would do well to stick to baked-bean related joke records in future.

KT will be the first, and probably last, person to ride the year according to Guinness rules.

In other news Alicia is in the home straight, with 26 days to go. I've not got the greatest stats but it looks like she should pass Billie Dovey but not Kajsa.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
It's worth noting that Kajsa is no longer on the Guinness website as they've gone over to wholesale recognition of the UMCA - which was is something that was probably going to happen as soon as they recognised Kurt's record last year, and would have happened sooner had Kajsa not stood up to them.

Oddly enough, Amanda is down as the holder of the UMCA record (overall), Kurt of the UMCA record (Male), but the UMCA record (Female) is still vacant, giving me the sneaky suspicion that Guinness' picnic does not have the requisite number of sandwiches.

I guess the only reason Kajsa managed to get awarded the record in the first place was by taking advantage of the fact that Guinness are a bunch of eejits, and then by forcing them to stick to their rules when they tried to wriggle out of them. However I do think Guinness would do well to stick to baked-bean related joke records in future.

KT will be the first, and probably last, person to ride the year according to Guinness rules.

In other news Alicia is in the home straight, with 26 days to go. I've not got the greatest stats but it looks like she should pass Billie Dovey but not Kajsa.
I like the way Kajsa did it, and that's good enough for me :smile:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I just reminded myself of two of the reasons I dislike Guinness Records so much.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
If my wonky stats are right it looks like Alicia is going to try to get past Kajsa's total. She put in a big day yesterday and she's been averaging a smidge over 200k per day this month. She has a required rate of a smidge under 200k for KT's total.

Could get exciting (in a kind of spreadsheety way)

Top Bottom