Kalkhoff Hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Warny

Über Member
Hi everyone,

Hope all well. Picked up another bike over the weekend, didn't know 001.JPG 003.JPG 005.JPG 007.JPG much about the brand but found out a little online. It's got Simplex gears and a lovely Elan leather seat. The handlebars are cleaning up ok, not sure of the logo on the chrome.

The bike weighs a tonne but seems to ride ok so far:smile: Hopefully there will be a clue to the date somewhere, 1980's at a guess?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
They make a lot of E-bikes now. They have a good rep i think.

Good morning,

Nothing special I'm afraid. Looks like something made for the cheaper end of the market with plain gauge tubing, steel rims and lower end components.
Eighties looks about right, you can try to date it more accurately from the derailleur here;
http://www.disraeligears.co.uk/Site/Simplex_derailleurs.html

Back in the days this bike may have been made Simplex made a really weird front mech, instead of an arc movement, there was a piston that moved the cage horizontally.

I may be just dreaming but I remember it being highly geared and changed chain rings really well requiring only a small shifter movement, Shimano have caught up with this with the long arm front mech introduced a few years ago.

Of course I could be remembering things completely wrongly.

Bye

Ian

OP
OP
W

Warny

Über Member
Yep the front derailleur is as described, bit like a Campag Gran Sport one I have. Thanks for the Simplex link, will have a look tonight.

Top Bottom